Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App notifications that charging stopped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I usually charge my MY at night using a Wall Connector Gen3. For the past week or so, with every charge cycle, I’ve started receiving a notification from the Tesla iOS app approximately 1.5 hours after plugging in that charging stopped and that if this is unexpected, I should check for alerts under Service > Notifications. However, when I check the car, it’s charging normally and there are no alerts present. This only happens once per charging cycle.

The car is on software 2023.2.12 and there haven’t been any updates since this started happening, or other changes that I’m aware of. Any ideas?

Thanks!

No faults on mine in Service > Messages. In my case it turned out to be a third-party iOS app on my phone called Wall Monitor that polls the wall connector over the WLAN for various charging statistics. I remembered that I installed this app just before the problem started. Whatever polling this app was doing was apparently causing the wall connector to occasionally stop charging for a few seconds. I cannot prove that it was the app, but as soon as I removed it from my phone, the issue stopped and has not returned.

I have the exact same issue after upgrading my WC to the newest firmware version which is 23.8.2, the charge stopped every one and a half hours. I post this issue on a Chinese Tesla club app, and the other guy who has the same issue told me to downgrade the firmware to a stable version to get it fixed.

2cb82cebdd298d9f314986320ebbcde.png
8efb11afe746fa5a735877fdc9c86fc.png
aa84037b4fe0d61692ea20d97093106.png
28810c97baa666e7a1a93688c2bb646.jpg

the charger installation team send me another version of firmware 23.8.3 and hope that can solve my problem. but after I upgrade to 23.8.3 and start charging, this issue happen again after 1 hour. 23.8.3 does not solve this bug, and I will try to roll back to an old version, will let u know if that is a solution or not. here is what happen when I charge my car with firmware 23.8.3.
becee36c409a6705969b8722c2aaef4.png
deb0dd26fbd41a1f9e2c337ec9a7e03.png

problem solved after rolling back to firmware version 22.41.2, no stopped charging, no annoying notification but you can't link to your Powerwall with firmware 22.41.2. The firmware file has been attached, it may be a China version, use it at your own risk, or you can get it from Tesla customer service.

IMG_9637.PNG
屏幕截图 2023-04-28 094820.png

Attachments

• WC3-NA-22412-20221130-db42f98c0aafddprodsigned.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 180
No faults on mine in Service > Messages. In my case it turned out to be a third-party iOS app on my phone called Wall Monitor that polls the wall connector over the WLAN for various charging statistics. I remembered that I installed this app just before the problem started. Whatever polling this app was doing was apparently causing the wall connector to occasionally stop charging for a few seconds. I cannot prove that it was the app, but as soon as I removed it from my phone, the issue stopped and has not returned.
Hey, I have pretty much the exact same situation as you. Did removing wall monitor permanently fix it? Have you had any issues since then? It's the only third-party app I installed, so it's crazy to hear that it might be the source of the issue.

problem solved after rolling back to firmware version 22.41.2, no stopped charging, no annoying notification but you can't link to your Powerwall with firmware 22.41.2. The firmware file has been attached, it may be a China version, use it at your own risk, or you can get it from Tesla customer service.

View attachment 932526View attachment 932527
I have had the same problem, I just had the charger installed 2 weeks ago and I upgraded to 23.8.2 the day they installed it. I have rolled it back to 22.33.0 and I will repot back tomorrow with the results.

Attachments

• charger stopped.jpg
    charger stopped.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 53