Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging US Tesla with CCS in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello people I hope you are alright.
I am driving US Tesla model X (2016, 90D) in Europe. I am using Chaddemo adapter here and everything is alright but I want to charge it a little bit faster. So my question is: does anyone know if it will work the following:
CCS1 to Tesla adapter
Then CCS2 to CCS1 adapter.
In theory this chain should work but I am not an expert. Everything is limited to 200A but this is better than what I have now.
Take care,
Simeon

Would work in theory - but have you thought how much weight two adapters on the charge port would be? On the bright side, you have a X, which with the Setec adapter (which is what I assume you are alluding to) will charge upto 200 amps.

You may want to shoot an email out to Setec. One ask them if it will work, two, ask them if they can produce a CCS2 adapter for you

I am driving US Tesla model X (2016, 90D) in Europe. I am using Chaddemo adapter here and everything is alright but I want to charge it a little bit faster. So my question is: does anyone know if it will work the following:
CCS1 to Tesla adapter
In theory this chain should work but I am not an expert. Everything is limited to 200A but this is better than what I have now.
Take care,
Simeon

I doubt this will work.
The CCS2 upgrade in Euro requires pre-2019 models to have a module installed that takes care of the CCS signaling.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
CCS1 to Tesla adapter
Take care,
Simeon
I have shipped today to Sofia one, ping me in few weeks when it arrives...
Here is how it looks like: CCS2-US tesla CCS2 Setec adapter

• Informative
Reactions: MP3Mike