Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Charging won’t stop via app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a LR AWD M3 and charge via a standard outlet. I schedule the charge at 12:00am. I want to stop charging at 8am via the app. I go into the app and click stop charging. It says charging stopped, then 10 seconds later, begins charging again. Won’t let me stop charging until full or until u remove the charger. Does anyone have this issue? Its been on the last few software versions. Not sure if the stats app may contribute to the issue, but unable to stop the charge from that app as well.

I have a LR AWD M3 and charge via a standard outlet. I schedule the charge at 12:00am. I want to stop charging at 8am via the app. I go into the app and click stop charging. It says charging stopped, then 10 seconds later, begins charging again. Won’t let me stop charging until full or until u remove the charger. Does anyone have this issue? Its been on the last few software versions. Not sure if the stats app may contribute to the issue, but unable to stop the charge from that app as well.

Probably, since the stats app also has a smart charging function. Change the password on your tesla account to invalidate your login token, dont log into the stats app, and test for a couple days. I bet you find that it works how you expect. If thats the case, then you need to look into the settings in the stats app, because its likely that at some point you setup some sort of charging through there that is triggering.

Not blaming the stats app btw, just saying that in cases like these, the very first thing one should always do is remove variables when troubleshooting, and any third party app that accesses your car is a huge variable.

Reactions: Byeehaaw