Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chevy Bolt gets the ax

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just come up with a reasonable flat monthly amount. Or you can compare the current month with charging against the prior year same month without charging. No need to charge only for exactly what is used.
We will probably do something like that but it’s complicated by us going from a one electric car family in August to three electric cars today.
Thank goodness for the BPA hydro and wind we get from Avista.

John

We will probably do something like that but it’s complicated by us going from a one electric car family in August to three electric cars today.

John
If he is mostly charging at home, just have him calculate based on miles traveled per month and his typical efficiency (or just go by EPA if actual efficiency is hard to keep track of). Yeah there are also efficiency charging losses, but not a huge effect. Just come up with a good cost/mile.

John

You can also get a cheap meter that clamps over the cable. If that doesn’t work I’ve seen seen plug in 50A ones that go between the 50A outlet and the 50A plug.

My adult son just took delivery of his new 2023 Bolt (which he ordered 5 months ago) at MSRP.
He lives in our downstairs apartment and is currently charging in my shop on a 14-50. He wants to pay his fair share of the increased costs. There is no separate electrical meter so we looked on the cars infotainment system but we’re unable to see how many kWh each charge takes.
Short of going on a Bolt forum is there an easy way to ascertain his usage?

Thanks
John
Use something like the calculator at the bottom of this page based on his mileage.

My adult son just took delivery of his new 2023 Bolt (which he ordered 5 months ago) at MSRP.
He lives in our downstairs apartment and is currently charging in my shop on a 14-50. He wants to pay his fair share of the increased costs. There is no separate electrical meter so we looked on the cars infotainment system but we’re unable to see how many kWh each charge takes.
Short of going on a Bolt forum is there an easy way to ascertain his usage?

Thanks
John

The MyChevy app can keep track of it. But you need an active OnStar account. I get a monthly report from them on my wifes Volt usage.