TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Chicago Car Wash Recommendations

Discussion in 'Model S' started by slmlc02, Oct 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. slmlc02

slmlc02 Member

Anyone in Chicago or north burbs have a recommendation for a good car wash location? Somewhere they hand wash and use the two bucket method.

Appreciate any recommendations.

Interested in good detailers as well.

2. Toasty

Toasty Member

3. Jdeck

Jdeck Supporting Member

Check out chicagoautopros.com. I've had paint protection done there and would highly recommend them.

4. JClu

JClu Member

I'd like to find a good hand wash place in the northern suburbs as well!

Previously, I like the River West Hand Wash in downtown Chicago (near Grand and Milwaukee). If I don't find a good one in the suburbs, I'll probably bring my S to River West.

5. slmlc02

slmlc02 Member

Talked with Tesla Highland Park and they recommended the two below, both near them.

-Splash in Northbrook
    -Norm's Hand Wash in Wilmette

6. JClu

JClu Member

Interesting...I talked to them about a week or 2 ago about car wash recommendations, and they said they have no particular recommendations. :confused:

7. slmlc02

slmlc02 Member

Took my car into Chicago Auto Pros (Glenview) for a wash today. Nice guys and good work. $40 for exterior and interior hand wash. Will go back. Worked with Greg to schedule an appointment and talked a lot about future detailing options, Opti-Coat, etc. Nice guy, and not pushy at all.

Give them a shot.

• Like x 1
  8. JClu

JClu Member

$40 seems a bit steep for inside and out wash.

9. slmlc02

slmlc02 Member

Didn't say it was a value at $40. Was $25 for exterior and $15 for interior. Was comparable to several places I looked up, though.

10. Phoenixhawk101

$40 for hand wash isn't horrible. I have paid $39 for machine wash with vacuum and spray on wax before...

11. JClu

JClu Member

Took my MS to Norm's Hand Car Wash in Wilmette today (saw another MS there). They did a pretty good job. Would likely go back.

12. CrazymodeON

CrazymodeON New Member

I've been to both Chicago Auto Pros for Optincoat and film application and I go to Norms for regular wash. They are both very good!