Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Recommended cleaning products (Australia based) for Model Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_3541.jpeg
    IMG_3541.jpeg
    554.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Love
Reactions: Tesl3on
This is the one thing that you can do to help keep your car cleaner for longer, and make it easier to wash. It's a must for any new car, $1000 well spent with a GTechniq detailer.

My preferred car wash products are from NV, however it often comes down to personal preference.
Gtech have a misting spray for ceramic coated cars. It is lightly sprayed on when the car is say 85% dry and you then finish the drying with a dry soft cloth. Leaves a stunning result and makes that last bit of drying easier.

I find for me with the PPF and ceramic coating, a pressure wash is good enough to remove 95%+ of the bugs, then foam and hand wash and all is beautiful 🤩
Agree, and I use a moist paper towel for any that are stubborn. Leave it on the bugs/droppings and dont let it dry out. 15 mins later they fall off the ceramic coating. No chemicals no scrubbing

Reactions: elddum and Jules22
I find for me with the PPF and ceramic coating, a pressure wash is good enough to remove 95%+ of the bugs, then foam and hand wash and all is beautiful 🤩
I have PPF and a pressure washer, but out here the bugs are too numerous and too stubborn. Without NXTZEN (which was the best of several potions I tried), the pressure washer gets maybe 80% of the mess. With PPF on, I can get really close to the surface, but not good enough without the cleaner.

Last edited:
Reactions: elddum