Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chicago sales and service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't really understand what you're expecting here. I think the key word is "will", which implies that nothing has yet been sent out, which implies that the dates are not 100% finalized, which implies there is no information to give.

Tone is everything when marketing a luxury product. Something on the order of "Unfortunately, the permit process was more involved and longer than expected, but we should have the exterior finished by such and such date, and they are now doing such and such to the interior." I wouldn't expect a date certain, but then state that, something to the effect: "I wish I could give a more definite date to you, but until we get closer to the final preparations, it's better to provide that at a later date." Maybe I was expecting too much, but wait a minute, aren't they trying to not only compete within a highly competitive industry, but also in an entirely new emerging industry? I just felt that the "You will..." part was somewhat too declaratory, rather than being explanatory. People like something to be explained to them and to be informed, not to be simply "told" something.

I think we should consider ourselves lucky that Seneca is participating in an unofficial forum at all and that anything she chooses to share is a bonus. We all like data, we all like certainty, but clearly, if she had it, she'd give it to us. I suspect you could pick up the phone and call if you have critical planning that hinges upon the exact date that the store opens or that they plan to hold their official Grand Opening. But marketing people are notorious for being vague so as to avoid creating expectations they can't meet.

Have a Scotch, kick back and relax, all will be revealed in time.

I think we should consider ourselves lucky that Seneca is participating in an unofficial forum at all and that anything she chooses to share is a bonus. We all like data, we all like certainty, but clearly, if she had it, she'd give it to us. I suspect you could pick up the phone and call if you have critical planning that hinges upon the exact date that the store opens or that they plan to hold their official Grand Opening. But marketing people are notorious for being vague so as to avoid creating expectations they can't meet.

Have a Scotch, kick back and relax, all will be revealed in time.

I am male :)

No need to apologize... happens here and there! I have quite a few people whom are surprised when they hear a male voice on the other line, expecting a female.

I can tell you that we are working hard to open our doors this Saturday for an "open house". We have 2 Roadster Sports on hand as well as our beautiful space. The "official" opening won't be until mid-January.

Last edited:
I am male :)

No to apologize... happens here and there! I have quite a few people whom are surprised when they hear a male voice on the other line, expecting a female.

I can tell you that we are working hard to open our doors this Saturday for an "open house". We have 2 Roadster Sports on hand as well as our beautiful space. The "official" opening won't be until mid-January.

Yikes, can I apologize anyway.....sir?:cool:

This Saturday? As in 12/19/2009? ACK! That seriously cuts into Christmas shopping (no, I am not done yet).

I know it's not the "official" dress-up Grand Opening, but I'd love to stop in if I can swing it. What hours will you be open?

I just got back from hanging out at the Chicago dealership for a couple of hours. I was able to meet a few Tesla people in person and a few prospective customers. The place looks pretty nice, still a work in progress, but getting there fast. Check out the link for some pics i took today. Would have loved to meet a few of you, who I know were probably going to stop by, but no one showed up while i was there. Next time!

Tesla - a set on Flickr

I just got back from hanging out at the Chicago dealership for a couple of hours. I was able to meet a few Tesla people in person and a few prospective customers. The place looks pretty nice, still a work in progress, but getting there fast. Check out the link for some pics i took today. Would have loved to meet a few of you, who I know were probably going to stop by, but no one showed up while i was there. Next time!

Tesla - a set on Flickr
Wanted to make it, but the schedule just didn't work out. I will absolutely be there at the Grand Opening, though.

Tesla - a set on Flickr

Shame on me, I really was looking forword to meeting some fellow owners. An afternoon Christmas party and the snowstorm kept me away. I must be getting soft 2 inches of snow?:redface: