TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Chrome Delete in NJ

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Yinn, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Yinn

Yinn Member

I had my car wrapped in xpel, but my vinyl guy won't touch the chrome pieces. The handles, front and back I was able to do with the DIY kits from RPM Tesla, but unfortunately one doesn't exist for the window and mirror surrounds.

Does anyone in the area have/know of someone who can do quality work on the trim?

2. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

3. zerao

zerao New Member

I am looking for chrome delete for my Model X in addition to Ceramic ctg for the entire car, Any suggestions?

4. Cirrus MS100D

Cirrus MS100D Member

I’ve known Lee for almost 20 years. Did 75% Xpel coverage and tint all around on our S. He’s a great guy and has an excellent shop and reputation.

leeberbs

5. Yinn

Yinn Member

They did by Xpel, but they dont do the chrome delete.

NJ Vinyl Wrapz (1729 highway 35 , south amboy nj 08879) ended up doing my chrome delete.

[​IMG]

• Like x 1
  6. HankLloydRight

HankLloydRight Fluxing

Would be really great if Tesla offered a factory Chrome Delete.

I'm not sure why Franz loves so much chrome.

7. zerao

zerao New Member

Thanks much for all the advice. I met with Lee and he IS A TERRIFIC guy! I am more interested in the chrome delete and am looking to get that done first. I did reach out to njvinylwrapz and am waiting to her back from them. Is there anyone in particular I should be asking for? Thanks.

• Like x 1
  8. zerao

zerao New Member

This looks terrific! Great job!

• Like x 1
  9. atsnyr

atsnyr Member

Hey Cirrus, what's the cost on 75% Xpel coverage? How long did it take?

10. Cirrus MS100D

Cirrus MS100D Member

You cannot quote me on it because I did NOT write it down, but it was around $2500 for full front bumper, full hood, lights, full front fenders, rockers, and luggage “strip” on the trunk. (So no roof, no doors, no rear bumper, no rear fenders.)

I also got tint all around (minus windshield) at the same time, which was less than $500 IIRC.

I think he said to budget “drop off at night, expect to pick it up in 2 days” but I wasn’t in any rush so I told him to make us a low priority. It’s definitely not a “wait while they do it” kind thing, though. (I also dropped off the car only having driven home from taking delivery and to the shop, so I would imagine that makes initial prep a little easier/faster?)

11. atsnyr

atsnyr Member

Thank you for the info. Once I'll get my delivery date, I'll try to schedule an appointment with them.