Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete is a wrap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did...well that adds a new element into things...
Not to be accusatory but that's a damage caused by the tint shop. They need to get the glass all the way up into the "closed" position in order to tint the window. You do that my manipulating the door latch which pushes the glass to the "closed" position without the door actually being closed. Someone then forgot to release the latch from that position (you push in on the door handle) and swung it close. Bam! glass, meet trim. The shop probably also does wrapping I imagine, so they took some of the matte vinyl and covered it up.

It's not an expensive trim to replace and accidents happen but the fact that they didn't tell you speak volumes on their business practices. Any good tint shop would have masked the trim as well just to prevent such accidents from causing damage.

Last edited:
Not to be accusatory but that's a damage caused by the tint shop. They need to get the glass all the way up into the "closed" position in order to tint the window. You do that my manipulating the door latch which pushes the glass to the "closed" position without the door actually being closed. Someone then forgot to release the latch from that position (you push in on the door handle) and swung it close. Bam! glass, meet trim. The shop probably also does wrapping I imagine, so they took some of the matte vinyl and covered it up.

It's not an expensive trim to replace and accidents happen but the fact that they didn't tell you speak volumes on their business practices. Any good tint shop would have masked the trim as well just to prevent such accidents from causing damage.
After reading the responses in this thread I agree this is the more likely scenario vs. Tesla having anything to do with it. And yes, the shop also does wraps. It all makes sense now. Tesla is graciously replacing the trim so might just let this one go but won’t use the same shop again for tinting thats for sure just in case. Thanks all for helping get to the (likely) bottom of this weird issue.

After reading the responses in this thread I agree this is the more likely scenario vs. Tesla having anything to do with it. And yes, the shop also does wraps. It all makes sense now. Tesla is graciously replacing the trim so might just let this one go but won’t use the same shop again for tinting thats for sure just in case. Thanks all for helping get to the (likely) bottom of this weird issue.
Mind you tell us where you did the tint?!

Reactions: Nakk
Mind you tell us where you did the tint?!
I do not want to disclose at this time while I address with them. I have sent them pics and will see how they respond to this. The tough part is I have no concrete proof of anything other than some pretty clear “coincidences” that make it hard to argue anything else happened. My hope is this was as simple as a tech trying to hide their mistake vs a typical response from them when things go wrong. Will see!

Reactions: angus[Y]oung