Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Chrome delete questions (rear hatch and vinyl color)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be doing a chrome delete soon and had a couple of questions I haven't been able to find an answer to:

1. Has anyone removed the chrome "T" from the rear hatch? Are there screw holes underneath it or is it only held on with tape? Any pics of the car without it (assuming no holes underneath)?

2. Has anyone done a chrome delete with a color other than black or body color? I don't like the look of black door handles and trunk garnish on my pearl white car with dark grey metallic wheels, and the pearl will be impossible to match. I'm thinking of a dark grey that will either be metallic or non-metallic but definitely satin to give it more of a brushed look. Anyone done something similar and have pics to share?

3. Any shop recommendations in SoCal? I've checked out Aerowerks Motorsports in Industry and they seem alright but I wanted to see if anyone here has an installer they love.
Thanks

1. Its just double sided tape, I took mine off. Sorry i've neglected to take pictures as i'm not completely done messing with wrapping my car.

2. I purchased color matched vinyl for my pearl white, they matched PPSW specs, from a website online that i don't want to plug because I had a bad customer service experience with them, but the color is spot on. The vinyl is good for very minor stretching but it doesn't fend well with major stretching and heat gunning as the paint cracks. I wrapped my door handles with the color matched vinyl and plan to wrap the lower chrome piece under the doors and hopefully the rear applique.
where abouts are you in socal. if you'd like to take a look in person i'm in OC, the pictures won't do the matched white pearl justice.