TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Cincinnati & Dayton, Ohio Meetup - 8/24/13

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by cfOH, Jul 1, 2013.

1. cfOH

cfOH Member

Trying to organize a meetup for Saturday, August 24th, probably in the Northern Cincinnati area to make it convenient for Dayton-area owners.

Anyone have suggestions as to a location? And preferences for time? Afternoon? Evening? Surely not morning...surely.
    - Craig

2. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

If I actually owned a Tesla, I would be there, but alas, my Volt really would not fit in :(

3. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

I'm probably gonna be out of town. If not, I'm in. Is Colerain too far South? Quaker Steak and Lube has plenty of parking and good inexpensive pub food.

I could pick Rifleman up on the way.

4. Rifleman

Thanks Al, I may take you up on that. Also, if anyone from Indiana wants to attend, but is suffering from range anxiety, I would be happy to let anyone in need of a charge stop by my house in Harrison (less than 1 mile off of I-74) and use my 14-50 outlet.

5. cfOH

cfOH Member

Al, do you know Andrew Gilmore? He's a Model S owner up in Dayton, retired from the USAF. I suspect you two would have a lot to chat about. I sent him an email about the meetup...haven't heard back from him yet.

6. ibcs

ibcs Member

Need to check the calendar, but would be interested. Coming from the North of Dayton - Clayton Ohio. Last time we had a great get together in Columbus. I would suggest putting the information on the Ohio Facebook page. Wondering if Andrew Gilmore has a white Model S. My wife says she's seen one in the Dayton area a couple of times and it was a white one.

---Kent

7. cfOH

cfOH Member

Great, Kent! Yes, Andrew's MS is white. He volunteers at the USAF Museum, as that was the first place I saw his car.

8. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Don't recognize the name. I'd love to meet everyone. That's really what it's all about for me. Meeting folks from the forum. I've only met 2 forum members in 4 years of "lurking."

Alas, my plans to leave town on the 22nd are still in place. It's a longshot for me but if plans change I will definitely attend.

9. neo1700

neo1700 Member

This sounds like a great idea. I can meet on the 24th. Just let me know where and when.

10. dave

dave Member

I should be able to make it. No plans that day.

The further south the better. :)

11. PokerBroker

PokerBroker Member

Just paid my deposit on a CPO 2008 Roadster 1.5 #105... looking forward to joining you guys at some point!

12. jayfrost

jayfrost Member

Im sitting here at Teslive and im making plans to attend this meetup. Is there ever too much Tesla....I think not

13. cfOH

cfOH Member

OK, based on folks coming from all over -- Dayton, Eastern Indiana, Northern Kentucky, near Columbus, Eastern Cincinnati -- somewhere around the I-275/I-75 interchange near Sharonville/Springdale seems like a reasonable mid-point. One suggestion was Dave & Buster's, as it has food for every taste and a whopping huge parking lot (ding-proof spots for everyone!), but other suggestions are welcome.

Also, preferences about time? Lunch? Dinner? Afternoon?

14. cfOH

cfOH Member

Cin-Day Tesla Meetup: 8/24, 5:30pm, Dave & Buster's in Springdale

When: Saturday, August 24th, 5:30pm - ?

Where: Parking lot of Dave & Buster's in Springdale: 11775 Commons Dr., Springdale, OH 45246

After admiring each other's cars for a bit, those interested in dinner can go inside for a meal. Kids are welcome.

Also, I just saw a LivingSocial deal for a Dave & Buster's game-play card, in case you might be tempted by the games there: LivingSocial link

Please feel free to forward this info on to anyone you know who may be interested.

15. jayfrost

jayfrost Member

16. cfOH

cfOH Member

Awesome... thanks, Jay.

17. cfOH

cfOH Member

Looks like there will be quite a bunch of Tesla owners -- both Model S and Roadsters represented this coming Saturday. The welcome mat is out for any who want to attend. See details a few comments above this one.

18. Rifleman

I may stop by in my Volt to meet my fellow Tesla enthusiasts. My offer to anyone coming from Indiana to use my 14-50 in Harrison if you are pushing your round trip range still stands as well.

19. dave

dave Member

I'll be there. Hope we get a good turn out!