Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

circuit électrique

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Jeeps17

Cath Jockey in a P85
Mar 17, 2012
Montreal, Canada
... I was planning on making trips with the Model S to Quebec city from Montreal but now I'll be able to go to Toronto as well.. stop in Kingston for lunch and I'll top of the car just enough to make it to Toronto's Sheraton center where they have L2 charging stations in front.

Alex,

Slightly off-topic, but have you heard of any charge points between Montreal and Quebec?

The circuit électrique map is blank for now.

I often have to attend meetings in Drummondville (at the parking lot-challenged Le Dauphin hotel), I think it (the city) would be a logical place to stop and recharge.

... similar to Kingston on the way to Toronto (back on topic!).

[Note from moderator - moved to this new thread from here.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeeps,

Last month I stopped at the St-Hubert restaurant in Drummondville and asked if they will be part of the "circuit electrique" of the province since St-Hubert is a Global partner. The manager told me it's planned but didn't have a date for when. Hopefully its sooner then later!

Alex

Heard today from an iMiev driver (he participates in the Hydro-Quebec pilot program) that the St-Hubert restaurant in Boucherville, now offers a 400V charger.

Seems this was the plan all along, just a bit later than initially planned :
"Quick charging

Hydro-Québec will conduct tests this winter on the first certified quick-charge station at over 400-V. It will be installed in Boucherville this spring and tested on a daily basis in collaboration with the local St-Hubert restaurant. With Hydro-Québec’s oversight, The Electric Circuit will then deploy quick-charge stations along Québec’s major roads over the course of the next year."
from Jan 12th news : The founding partners of The Electric Circuit, Québec and Canada’s first public charging network, announce the locations of its charging stations | Press Room | Hydro-Québec

Will have to swing by there to check it out and let you know ...

That's very good news. Hopefully, Tesla will piggyback on that for a Supercharger location as well. We really like Quebec City, but it's a bit far from Boston without a charge location. Now all we need is one at White River Junction, Vt.

I won't be surprised if White River Jct VT or West Lebanon NH becomes a supercharger location. It's almost half way between everything north of Boston, at the junction of 2 main interstate highways, and plenty to do while you wait. In the mean time, I'm just north of WRJ and closer to the half-way point between Boston and Quebec City. A smile will get you 70 or 80A but nowhere to eat and cell service is spotty but the wifi is OK. You can easily drive to Montreal on a single charge from my house. You might not make it to QC though.

Re. 400V chargers : I assume they are planning to deploy these outside urban centers, which would make sense. So far, only 240V 30A have been deployed in urban settings....

I won't be surprised if White River Jct VT or West Lebanon NH becomes a supercharger location. It's almost half way between everything north of Boston, at the junction of 2 main interstate highways, and plenty to do while you wait.

Or at the NH liquor store, which is around the same area, if I remember correctly, which is an obligatory stop on my way to Ogunquit from Montreal. :)

OT : To get to Quebec City, with a supercharger in Lebanon, you will soon find 5 more J1772 chargers in Sherbrooke, using a long lunch, before making it to Quebec City, becomes possible : Autoroute 73 N to Boston, MA - Google Maps

Hi Guys,

Just to let you know many 90 amps stations are coming in Quebec and the Maritimes from SCH so much more appealing for Tesla owners.

Olivier

- - - Updated - - -

Re. 400V chargers : I assume they are planning to deploy these outside urban centers, which would make sense. So far, only 240V 30A have been deployed in urban settings....

Or at the NH liquor store, which is around the same area, if I remember correctly, which is an obligatory stop on my way to Ogunquit from Montreal. :)

OT : To get to Quebec City, with a supercharger in Lebanon, you will soon find 5 more J1772 chargers in Sherbrooke, using a long lunch, before making it to Quebec City, becomes possible : Autoroute 73 N to Boston, MA - Google Maps

Just a quick note those 5 stations will be 30 amps only!!

Olivier

Heard today from an iMiev driver (he participates in the Hydro-Quebec pilot program) that the St-Hubert restaurant in Boucherville, now offers a 400V charger.

Seems this was the plan all along, just a bit later than initially planned :
"Quick charging

Hydro-Québec will conduct tests this winter on the first certified quick-charge station at over 400-V. It will be installed in Boucherville this spring and tested on a daily basis in collaboration with the local St-Hubert restaurant. With Hydro-Québec’s oversight, The Electric Circuit will then deploy quick-charge stations along Québec’s major roads over the course of the next year."
from Jan 12th news : The founding partners of The Electric Circuit, Québec and Canada’s first public charging network, announce the locations of its charging stations | Press Room | Hydro-Québec

Will have to swing by there to check it out and let you know ...

So finally went by this location for the Chademo charger at Boucherville's St-Hubert Restaurant. Not much details, except for a Chademo sticker and the extra big handle and plug :

IMG_20121014_202322.jpg
IMG_20121014_202253.jpg

Last edited:
I'm reviving this old thread...

Just wondering if anyone's heard any official word from Tesla about a Chademo adapter for the Model S. I know they are doing it for Europe, so will they also sell it in North America? Does it require hardware modifications or does the supercharger hardware handle it somehow?