Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clean Vehicle Assistance Program and Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called around 4:00PM today and they said I should be getting the approval packet “in a day or so.” I haven’t gotten the automatic email notice of approval yet either. I’ll keep waiting!

JK I literally just checked and I received it in my email 30min ago. Amazing! My delivery date was scheduled for Saturday but I’m going to move it up to hopefully tomorrow or Friday!!

Wow! Awesome. Let us know your experience!

11/21 - Applied
1/12 3:00PM - Called and was told to send in additional documents
1/12 4:30PM - Provided additional documents same day
1/27 Moved to final review
2/3 11:00AM - Changed to "approved" status on website
2/3 5:13PM - Received approval email and approval packet in 2 separate emails

My delivery appointment for my MYLR is tomorrow! Super excited. Sucks because I actually originally ordered a M3 but because of all this lag with CVAP I had to defer delivery on 3 VINs and there are apparently no more 3s in the existing inventory in California.

I called CVAP every 2 weeks from November 21 to end of December. Increased that to every week during the first 2 weeks of January. Then every other day after I submitted my additional documents and finally every day the last 2 weeks, sometimes twice a day after I was put in final review lol.

I personally found that calling in the afternoon instead of morning, I got better responses and representatives that were more willing to look into my account as well as let me know what part of the backlog they were currently working on. Specifically German, Tiffany, and Adolfo were super helpful and didn't give me the generic runaround answer. There were a number of people who gave me some BS responses and were too lazy to escalate or even look into my application to check if I was missing anything; I guess doing the bare minimum is good enough for most But those 3 stood out to me because they really tried their best to help give a good estimate of when I could expect a decision and laid out what step I was at in the process.

Wish you all the best of luck with waiting on your approvals!!

11/21 - Applied

My delivery appointment for my MYLR is tomorrow! Super excited. Sucks because I actually originally ordered a M3 but because of all this lag with CVAP I had to defer delivery on 3 VINs and there are apparently no more 3s in the existing inventory in California.

I called CVAP every 2 weeks from November 21 to end of December. Increased that to every week during the first 2 weeks of January. Then every other day after I submitted my additional documents and finally every day the last 2 weeks, sometimes twice a day after I was put in final review lol.

I personally found that calling in the afternoon instead of morning, I got better responses and representatives that were more willing to look into my account as well as let me know what part of the backlog they were currently working on. Specifically German, Tiffany, and Adolfo were super helpful and didn't give me the generic runaround answer. There were a number of people who gave me some BS responses and were too lazy to escalate or even look into my application to check if I was missing anything; I guess doing the bare minimum is good enough for most But those 3 stood out to me because they really tried their best to help give a good estimate of when I could expect a decision and laid out what step I was at in the process.

Got approved on the website! The emails should come soon!

11/21 - Applied

I completely agree with this, namely Benjamin and Jessica, would give the usual run around, no diss to them or their performance, but Adolfo and Tiffany definitely went above and beyond for me as well.

11/21 - Applied

Adolfo and Tiffany are the best kind guys. Tiffany helps my case into the final stage. she said she will look into my case and keep her eyes on. Adolfo told me i was in the final stage. and he helps me change the status to approval. when i hear their voice. i feel my angel just pick up the phone. lol

11/25 - Applied online but did not finish my application until 12/25 ( I was lagging )
2/3 - Received an email requesting a copy of my 2019 tax return. I sent it to them immediately and uploaded it on their website.
2/4 - I called this morning, and they confirmed they received my tax return. missing anything; I guess doing the bare minimum is good enough for most But those 3 stood out to me because they really tried their best to help give a good estimate of when I could expect a decision and laid out what step I was at in the process.

I'm HOPING that I hear back from them soon since I have to return my Audi lease and would hate to be without a car. :( Tesla texted me on Tuesday asking if I was still planning to take delivery by March. I replied, YES. lol
I ordered a blue MYP with black interior.

Also, why does this message show up when I haven't even been approved yet.

Application expires in
56 calendar days
04/02/2021
upload_2021-2-4_13-12-35.png

Please wait 60 days from the date of your vehicle purchase or lease to contact GRID Alternatives to redeem a charging grant. Grant payments are currently delayed due to high volume. We are working hard to transfer eligible applications to GRID Alternatives. GRID Alternatives must first verify that you have received a clean vehicle grant before they are able to help you get a charging grant.

That’s good news! I applied 11/25 as well and received an email my application wasn’t ready to be approved. I was asked to submit an extra document. Still waiting to hear back from them again. Update us on your process!
I got the approval package around 5pm on Thursday! The Fremont Team reached out to me for a delivery on the weekend, but I told them to hold it off. I checked my credit score and it hasn't updated all my payments so I haven't applied for the loan yet.
The next delivery looks to be in 1-2 weeks. I don't think you'll have to wait too long for it!