Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oregon - Clean Vehicle Rebate Program 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good morning,
Thank you for your email and interest in the Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (OCVRP). We understand the Tesla Model Y may have dropped their MSRP, however, it is currently still not listed on our eligibility vehicle list, therefore currently ineligible for any OCVRP rebates. As long as your vehicle is listed on our eligibility vehicle list, the vehicle is eligible for the OCVRP rebates.

Vehicle manufacturers apply to have their vehicles added to our list and must meet specific requirements to be eligible for OCVRP. This means Tesla would need to apply with the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to have the vehicle added back on our list if it meets all requirements. If the Tesla Model Y was to become eligible, it may be added to our list at a later date. Unfortunately we do not have a time frame of when or if the model will become eligible. I would continue to check out eligible vehicle list for any updates. Applicants have six (6) months from their date of purchase or lease to apply for a rebate.

Please note, due to overwhelming demand and limited funding, rebates will be suspended as of May 1, 2023. Any vehicles purchased or leased on or after May 1, 2023 will not be eligible to apply for the rebate once the program reopens. Once funding is available again, the program will announce its reopening. For more information, go to ordeq.org/OCVRPTempSuspension.

To clarify, if you receive your Tesla on or prior to April 30, 2023, and Tesla gets added to our list within your six (6) month eligibility, you may apply (given you meet our program guidelines). However, as mentioned above we do not have a time frame of when or if the model will become eligible.

Sincerely,

OCVRP Processing Team
Center for Sustainable Energy®
(855) 383-4425 or 855-EVEHICLE
Learn more about OCVRP at evrebate.oregon.gov/

Reactions: zekebier
Good morning,
Thank you for your email and interest in the Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program (OCVRP). We understand the Tesla Model Y may have dropped their MSRP, however, it is currently still not listed on our eligibility vehicle list, therefore currently ineligible for any OCVRP rebates. As long as your vehicle is listed on our eligibility vehicle list, the vehicle is eligible for the OCVRP rebates.

Vehicle manufacturers apply to have their vehicles added to our list and must meet specific requirements to be eligible for OCVRP. This means Tesla would need to apply with the Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) to have the vehicle added back on our list if it meets all requirements. If the Tesla Model Y was to become eligible, it may be added to our list at a later date. Unfortunately we do not have a time frame of when or if the model will become eligible. I would continue to check out eligible vehicle list for any updates. Applicants have six (6) months from their date of purchase or lease to apply for a rebate.

Please note, due to overwhelming demand and limited funding, rebates will be suspended as of May 1, 2023. Any vehicles purchased or leased on or after May 1, 2023 will not be eligible to apply for the rebate once the program reopens. Once funding is available again, the program will announce its reopening. For more information, go to ordeq.org/OCVRPTempSuspension.

To clarify, if you receive your Tesla on or prior to April 30, 2023, and Tesla gets added to our list within your six (6) month eligibility, you may apply (given you meet our program guidelines). However, as mentioned above we do not have a time frame of when or if the model will become eligible.

Sincerely,

OCVRP Processing Team
Exactly. The process starts with Tesla applying.

Good morning,

Sincerely,

OCVRP Processing Team
Gotta get my Model Y by 4/30/2023 to have a chance.

Thnx Doc!

beewang

I just checked the site, and I’m still not seeing a 2023 option for the MY.
IMG_5822.jpeg

I just checked the site, and I’m still not seeing a 2023 option for the MY.
View attachment 931007
Yeah Just spoke to OCVRP on the phone. They basically said that if Tesla follows thru with the app process, we will likely be allowed in the program retroactively. (But MUST take delivery by 4/30/2023 or you'll DEFINITELY be SOL)

Alternatively, I think I am going to go thru the APPEALS route with DEQ https://www.oregon.gov/deq/FilterDocs/evrebateapplication.pdf
As I think we meet the technical requirement of the OCVRP program. Not allowing us to be part of the program is TOTAL bull$h!t.

cheers!

beewang

Yeah Just spoke to OCVRP on the phone. They basically said that if Tesla follows thru with the app process, we will likely be allowed in the program retroactively. (But MUST take delivery by 4/30/2023 or you'll DEFINITELY be SOL)

Alternatively, I think I am going to go thru the APPEALS route with DEQ https://www.oregon.gov/deq/FilterDocs/evrebateapplication.pdf
As I think we meet the technical requirement of the OCVRP program. Not allowing us to be part of the program is TOTAL bull$h!t.

cheers!

beewang
Good luck!

Good luck!

Tesla Model Y is eligible for OR rebate. I got following reply from them

Hello Yash,

Thank you for reaching out.

Tesla recently notified our program that the 2023 Tesla Model Y manufacturer’s suggested retail price dropped below $50,000 on April 9, 2023 and they reapplied for the vehicle’s eligibility in the Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Program. The 2023 Tesla Model Y was approved as eligible for any vehicles purchased/leased and first registered between 4/9/2023 - 4/30/2023, when the vehicle met program eligibility requirements.

If you did or will not receive your vehicle during that timeframe and feel your situation is cause for an appeal to the program, you may do so by mailing a letter to DEQ and sharing any reasons and documentation that you would like us to consider. Please mail the letter to:

Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
OCVRP – Appeals
700 NE Multnomah St, Suite 600
Portland, OR 97232

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Thank you!

Take care,

Erica

Erica Timm (she/her/hers)
Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate Coordinator
Mobile: 503-863-4839

Oregon Department of Environmental Quality
700 NE Multnomah St., Suite 600
Portland, OR 97232

Anyone here know what’s going on with this rebate for deliveries shortly before 5/1/23? I took delivery on 4/26 and filed for the rebate that same day, assuming I was eligible for the standard $2500 rebate since it seemed that they were only pausing for deliveries after 5/1.

When I log into the rebate site, my rebate status has been stuck as pending with the wording below on the rebate site.

Funding for OCVRP has been exhausted, but applications for eligible vehicles purchased or leased prior to May 1, 2023 are still being accepted and placed on a rebate waitlist. Applicants have six months from their date of purchase or lease to apply for a rebate.

At this time, we anticipate reopening in March 2024, when funding is replenished. The OCVRP website will be updated when the program receives funding, so please continue to check the website homepage for program updates.

Qualified applicants on the rebate waitlist will receive payment when the program receives more funding from the State of Oregon.

I’m not sure where these funds come from but it almost sounds like my rebate isn’t guaranteed at this point.

I’m not sure where these funds come from but it almost sounds like my rebate isn’t guaranteed at this point.
It sounds to me more like your rebate application is on the wait list and will be paid when there are more funds available, which is currently expected in March of 2024. (I guess it is possible there will be no more money, but I think the program gets an annual allotment of funds.)

Reactions: beewang
Anyone here know what’s going on with this rebate for deliveries shortly before 5/1/23? I took delivery on 4/26 and filed for the rebate that same day, assuming I was eligible for the standard $2500 rebate since it seemed that they were only pausing for deliveries after 5/1.

When I log into the rebate site, my rebate status has been stuck as pending with the wording below on the rebate site.

I spoke to them today. They are currently working on apps from the end of March. They have run out of money and when you get approved you will have to wait until next March to get the money from the next round of funds (they said there is a small chance that Oct. legislation could get them the money sooner). So be prepared to wait and then wait again to get the money. Once you are approved your status will change to approved and you will get and email.