Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning dogs saliva of the seats?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all,

Anyone knows a good product that cleans dog's saliva of the seats. I have used different cleaning products but they really don't clean my dog's saliva of the seat. I can still see spots after wiping off the cleaner. Anyone knows a good product for my issue?

Sonax (289300-755) Leather Foam -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003USYN6Q?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
This is what Tesla recommended to me. Works great and will clean literally anything off the white seats. However, do NOT let it dry on the seats. I spray and take a horse hair brush to the seats and immediately wipe. Regular maintenance cleanings I use non scented baby wipes. If they won’t clean it up (my dog drools a lot) I switch to Sonax.
for door panels and trim I use chemical guys no nonsense. Only thing I have found that will remove the nasty drool stains.

Reactions: Sebat4
Sonax (289300-755) Leather Foam -... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003USYN6Q?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
This is what Tesla recommended to me. Works great and will clean literally anything off the white seats. However, do NOT let it dry on the seats. I spray and take a horse hair brush to the seats and immediately wipe. Regular maintenance cleanings I use non scented baby wipes. If they won’t clean it up (my dog drools a lot) I switch to Sonax.
for door panels and trim I use chemical guys no nonsense. Only thing I have found that will remove the nasty drool stains.
Thank you. I will try that. I already tried chemical guys product that didn't work well. My dog has little anxiety when in the back and he drools like crazy from time to time.

Reactions: Schulz1983
Thank you. I will try that. I already tried chemical guys product that didn't work well. My dog has little anxiety when in the back and he drools like crazy from time to time.
I have the exact same problem. I’ve found the best way to combat this is to fold down the seats, put one of those dog seat protectors down. I put a small hole in it so I can use the child tether on the back of the middle seat. Then I put our dog in a harness and clip him to that seat. That way he can’t drool on the door panels and any drool on the dog protector doesn’t matter. It has worked great

Reactions: cancoi
I have the exact same problem. I’ve found the best way to combat this is to fold down the seats, put one of those dog seat protectors down. I put a small hole in it so I can use the child tether on the back of the middle seat. Then I put our dog in a harness and clip him to that seat. That way he can’t drool on the door panels and any drool on the dog protector doesn’t matter. It has worked great
Any chance of a picture of your setup? I really want to see how it looks like since my imagination isn't working and I don't think I understand correctly lol

EFCDA7B1-9FDB-4BB2-90E5-4D5DA44B0758.jpeg
F6F7755D-3428-48AA-AF55-F54FBD0FC0F2.jpeg
This is what I did. There is seat protector under the blanket(it has the buckles that go around the head rests to hold it) and then I put a blanket over the top. Both have a small slit that allows the dog harness to clip to the back of the middle seat when folded. This keeps my dog (Cloud) from getting near the doors and he isn’t able to drool on the doors/seats. Also protects him in case of an accident.

Reactions: Sebat4
View attachment 676877View attachment 676878This is what I did. There is seat protector under the blanket(it has the buckles that go around the head rests to hold it) and then I put a blanket over the top. Both have a small slit that allows the dog harness to clip to the back of the middle seat when folded. This keeps my dog (Cloud) from getting near the doors and he isn’t able to drool on the doors/seats. Also protects him in case of an accident.
UGH. THIS. IS. GENIUS! I have a dog cover in the back seat now, but I cannot have rear passengers unless I take it off. Then you risk having dog hair still back there and the SLOBBER. The way you doit, if I had rear passengers, I would just pop the seats up! Is that a moving blanket? If not, where did you get the cover from?

When I bought my Tesla they specifically said not to use products to clean the seats, but you say they told you it was ok...You have pictures of your seats? Im scared to buy it and try it and then ruin them. Does it get old slobber marks off. It took me a few carwashes to notice they were not coming off. Thx!