Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning out radiator service cost

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone requested service to have the radiator cleaned out in their model y? How much was it?

Attachments

• IMG_2871.jpeg
    IMG_2871.jpeg
    684.1 KB · Views: 4
I installed one of these on my model 3, it was a simple fix for this exact problem. I don't have any affiliation with this vendor and there may be others that offer them, but this one fit perfectly and has stayed in place for over a year.

Upvote 0
Has anyone requested service to have the radiator cleaned out in their model y? How much was it?

I saw some videos where the front bumper was removed, which is a major work.
In my case, I just accessed my radiator from the top, after removing the frunk cover.

There is in fact a condenser installed on top of the radiator. Those are separated by about half inch.
If you follow the instructions that some videos provide, you can make those components loose.

You should be able then to have a gap of about one to two inches, where you just need to use a vaccum cleaner
to remove some of the insects and leaves trapped. Using a light you should be able to see clearly whatever
get stucked. This would take only few minutes.

To reach the bottom of the radiator, I made a little extension to one of my vaccum accessories, using an older marker and some tape.

20240616_150226.jpg

20240616_150257.jpg

Upvote 0