Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cleaning products

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi

Which cleaning products do you all recommend for cleaning the interior with white seats and exterior of the car?

Regards
S

As you may imagine, there are many many (perhaps endless) products on the market. I personally like a general interior cleaner made by Chemical Guys called Inner Clean. It cleans well, leaves a bit of UV protection, and smells like pina coladas If I have a stubborn stain on my white seats, I use a dedicated leather cleaner. Even though the seats are vegan leather, it still works well.

As for exterior cleaning, it depends on what kind of car wash you want to do. A good basic car wash soap is Meguiar's Gold Class. For a rinsless wash, Optimum No Rinse (aka ONR) is a favorite. For a waterless wash, I like McKee's 37 Waterless Wash on the Go or Meguiars Ultimate Waterless Wash and Wax.

As you may imagine, there are many many (perhaps endless) products on the market. I personally like a general interior cleaner made by Chemical Guys called Inner Clean. It cleans well, leaves a bit of UV protection, and smells like pina coladas If I have a stubborn stain on my white seats, I use a dedicated leather cleaner. Even though the seats are vegan leather, it still works well.
Not sure if you have tried this, but ONR dampened microfiber towels are great for doing interior wipe downs. It's my go too unless something is really stubborn.

Thanks for the tip @Ckanderson

I use a lot of the chemical guy's stuff mostly because that have a local store here in Burbank.
Currently using Their Snowfoam, Jetseal, and Butter wet wax.

Jetseal seems to be holding up good only about 2-3 months in. Butter wetwax is nice because it can be applied while the car is wet but I may look for something in spray form at some point.

Think with all this testing when you not a detailer is waiting between to test something else. Don't want to strip something off just to test something new. Unless it's really bad of course.

So reviews, chats, and input really do help.

@joebruin77 How does Chemical Guys inner clean compare to 303 Aerospace Protectant. I've been using 303 for years through multiple cars.. Honestly, haven't tried anything new in quite some time.

I have not tried 303 Protectant, but have heard good things about it. If you are happy with it, I'd probably keep using it.

One idea though. It sounds like 303 Protectant is first and foremost a protectant type product, not a cleaning product. So maybe it is a protectant with some cleaning ability. Something like Inner Clean is a cleaning product with some protective ability. I guess it just depends on what your need is for a particular situation.

I saw a video of Ivan with Optimum using Opti Seal as an interior cleaner/protectant. I tried it and it works well. I saw another you tube detailer raving about Meguiar's D156 Synthetic Spray Wax as an interior protectant/dressing. I love D156 and use a ton of it. So I like to use Inner Clean as my cleaner and Opti Seal or D156 as my interior protectant.

Reactions: tfraley
Thanks for the tip @Ckanderson

I use a lot of the chemical guy's stuff mostly because that have a local store here in Burbank.
Currently using Their Snowfoam, Jetseal, and Butter wet wax.

Jetseal seems to be holding up good only about 2-3 months in. Butter wetwax is nice because it can be applied while the car is wet but I may look for something in spray form at some point.

Think with all this testing when you not a detailer is waiting between to test something else. Don't want to strip something off just to test something new. Unless it's really bad of course.

So reviews, chats, and input really do help.

I like several of the Chemical Guys products too. I have both Jet Seal and Butter Wet Wax in my garage. They are both very easy to apply and "user friendly". However, I do not think they last as long as other similar products. For a sealant, I would prefer Powerlock, Opti Seal, or Hyper Seal. I also discovered another amazing sealant called Four Star Paint Protection Sealant. This is a long lasting sealant, which, unlike most other sealants, gives a "warm glow" type of look, similar to carnauba waxes. I used to love this on my old Subaru WRX. The only reason I do not use it on my Model 3 is because I cannot find info as to whether or not it is safe for PPF. If you have PPF, I would stick with Opti Seal or Hyper Seal.

If you want a good, longer lasting Carnauba wax, I highly recommend the Collinite family of waxes. Collinite 845 lasts a very long time compared to other waxes. Collinite 915 does not last quite as long, but because it has the highest content of carnauba, it gives the warmest shine.

When you apply any Collinite wax, put it on very very thin and do one panel at a time. Do NOT wax the entire car and then start to buff it off. It is such a durable wax that you need to buff it off after you apply it to a panel. If you wait to wax the entire car, the wax will be too difficult to remove.

The Powerlock / Collinite 845 is a pretty popular combo for a great 2-step protection. I would not use it though if you have any PPF, or at least until you verify that both products are safe for PPF. I had emailed Collinite to find out if their waxes are PPF safe, and they said they are still in the process of testing on PPF.

Reactions: tfraley