Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear coat lifting off base?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my LR 3 around August. A few weeks later I noticed dust nibs (bumps under the clear) on multiple panels. Upon closer inspection in the right light I noticed circular white swirls that looked like the car was already a bit over polished mostly in the areas where the dust nibs were located. Took the car in to the Burbank service center and was referred to a third party certified body shop. When I went to meet a representative their he told me they would need to repaint all of the contaminated panels which was about 70% of the vehicle. I wasn't comfortable with that and went back to the service center. They said that wasn't true and that they'd refer me to another body shop in Van Nuys. I spoke with the manager of that shop over the phone and was told they'd be able to wet sand all the dust nibs down and that the car would return to 90-95% of what a good factory paint would've been. They did a full detail of the car after and when it was returned it looked great.

It's been about 2 months since that last visit and now the clear is lifting off the base. I have two small areas on the front bumper and hood that looks like dandruff. Was wondering if anyone has seen anything like this before, any insight on why this would happen and how to fix it would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20181121_123800.jpg
    IMG_20181121_123800.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 63