Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Clear Wrap the nose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My neighbors M3 is a very early one and the nose paint job has none done well. Seems to have paint chips and the edges where the bumper meets the car it appears that the paint is actually peeling!

Did they fix this paint issue with the newer models and would a clear nose wrap help?

Best solution is to have the front of the car wrapped in PPF. I have a whole-car PPF with Xpel PPF and, after 2+ years, no paint issues at all.

There are lots of prior posts on this subject and lots of differing opinions. Just search "front ppf" and I am sure you will have lots of informative reading on the subject to enjoy.

• Love
Reactions: XLR82XS
If you only did the front pdf won't the paint fade at a different rate than the rest of the car?

The current, more advanced PPFs on the market are formulated to prevent this from happening. Most PPFs come with multi year warranties against fading and yellowing. My Xpel PPF came with a 10 year warranty, which is probably longer than I will own the car. And the warranty is transferable to the new owner if I sell it.

If you have a partial PPF done, I do recommend getting the entire hood done. If you only get half the hood, you will over time see the line where the PPF ends, especially on lighter colors.

Reactions: XLR82XS
The current, more advanced PPFs on the market are formulated to prevent this from happening. Most PPFs come with multi year warranties against fading and yellowing. My Xpel PPF came with a 10 year warranty, which is probably longer than I will own the car. And the warranty is transferable to the new owner if I sell it.

If you have a partial PPF done, I do recommend getting the entire hood done. If you only get half the hood, you will over time see the line where the PPF ends, especially on lighter colors.
This. Entire panel coverage is key. Flying debris can impact hoods and like anywhere on the panel. Just my luck a few months ago on the 3 I got a paint chip in absolutely minuscule area where the film edge was at the fog light. Literally a half a millimeter area of exposed paint. (Touched up with a toothpick) S**t, one of my wheels got a chip from something flying off the roadway.

Bottom line - wrap any painted areas you can within your budget.