Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Review: TWRAPS precut PPF bumper and headlights/fog lights wrap

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SteelClouds

Supporting Member
Nov 12, 2021
CA
Note: I bought this.. not a paid review or a comp'ed review. My own hard earned cash :)
I got the Model 3 bumper kit and the headlight and foglight kit. Why? because it was under 200 vs the 2K I was quote to wrap the front of the car. Why wrap? Because I drive out in sandy desert places at times and I take bo-annual road trips through AZ each year. Lots of opportunity for my paint to get blasted on the nose of my M3. Sure.. I could wrap the entire car or just the front but the paint is from 2019 and a bit battle scared already. I just to protect the most vulnerable locations against the casual dinging of sand and small rocks.
The ordering was brain dead simple and it arrived quickly. Each kit came a high quality pre-cut wrap, a small squeegee and small spray bottle. TWRAP has videos to install each kit and I recommend you watch them once.. I did the bumper first which required me to remove that junky stuck on license plate holder. I replaced it with a SnapPlate holder. What they dont recommend in the videos but I know from other detailing/installing videos is this.. I cleaned the bumper.. then hand polished with Adam's hand polishing cream to make sure it was clean.. then a light rinse and wipe down with a microfiber towel. That preps the surface by getting all the gunk off it. If you were super AR, I would say a wash down with 99% IPA but I let that go. I also polished the headlights and fog lights the same way.
The wrap goes on very easy IF you wet the bumper first IN THE COOL SHADE and then wet the wrap as you peel it off the backer. Peel a bit,.. wet it.. more and wet it. Then place it on the bumper and smooth it out with your hand and get a roughly alignment done. I started by the tow hook opening with the squeegy and slowly worked from center out to work out the water. DO NOT STRETCH THE FILM. I had the bumper done ins 10 mins.. start to finish.
The headlights were a bit more tricky since it's got a lot of curves and requires a touch of stretch.. just a touch. I anchored the far end ( towards cockpit) and worked my way forward. slowly working out the water. The foglights were dead simple to do.
Ultimately it took about 30 mins for everything. I found the kits to be super high quality, fit really well, nice rubber tools and good install videos.. Well worth the money vs the entire front wrap for an older paint job. You can barely see the seam on the paint and not at all on the head lights.

Wow, about $200 and only 30 mins? I thought the front bumper seemed like it would be pretty hard. Congrats.
Maybe they are talking about only a partial wrap, where it only covers the nose. Like below perhaps:
https://www.amazon.com/Protection-Without-Parking-Sensors-Cutouts/dp/B0BS3PNBG9

No way you can do a full bumper in only 10 minutes from my experience (on Model 3). Trying to get the shape right where it meets the frunk is extremely difficult and does require shaping the film.

Last edited:
Correct. Just the nose of the bumper. Twrap does not complete front wraps. Just bits and pieces like I got tho they say the hood is on the way. To wrap the entire nose would be a “challenge “

tesbros makes a full bumper kit where the bumper is split into 3 pieces. much more managable. I did my front bumper with a precut from ebay and it was very hard. Came out okay, not great. I plan to redo the bumper with the tesbros kit

If you do the bumper in one piece, then you absolutely need a second person to help with the stretch

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelClouds
I was quoted 2k for front clip. Bumper, hood, fenders, lights,hood and mirrors. I spent under 200 for these bits for the most vulnerable on my upcoming road trip. My paint is also from 2019 so it makes no sense to spend that much at this time

Reactions: DocHolliday