Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because the dewpoint temperatures are higher in the southern states because of our proximity to the Gulf of Mexico. High dewpoints combined with a blast of Arctic air down south producing icing conditions. In simpler terms, snow does not affect wind turbine blades nearly as much as freezing rain.
We have freezing rain and ice storms here in NY too, but our wind turbines have heaters. In Texas they decided to "save money" and not install them.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CyberGus
I will be more willing to believe in Global Warming and rising Seas when I see people moving away from our coaslines and insurance companies not be willing to write policies for those areas as well.

Europe had global warming in medevial times. Populations of the Earth doubled because so much more food could be grown world wide due to longer growing seasons.
UP, you know me. I've been trying to make that point for years in the Tesla Forum. These global warming fanatics ignore climate history. They act as if the climate was just fine and steady until us humans came along and screwed it all up. In other words, these climate activists think the climate never changed until humans changed it. Thus, CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!

• Disagree
Reactions: Raffy.Roma
We have freezing rain and ice storms here in NY too, but out wind turbines have heaters. In Texas they decided to "save money" and not install them.

She said it the way it is.

“Turbines in Texas are built for the type of temperatures they usually get in Texas, where it’s 110 degrees, not 10 degrees,” she said. “It’s a cost thing.”

UP, you know me. I've been trying to make that point for years in the Tesla Forum. These global warming fanatics ignore climate history. They act as if the climate was just fine and steady until us humans came along and screwed it all up. In other words, these climate activists think the climate never changed until humans changed it. Thus, CLIMATE CHANGE!!!!
That's simply false. We know the climate has been different in the past, just as we know CO2 levels and other greenhouse gasses have never increased so quickly when humans were trying to survive.

Reactions: CyberGus
We have freezing rain and ice storms here in NY too, but our wind turbines have heaters. In Texas they decided to "save money" and not install them.

Wind energy is also just an asterisk in New York. Apparently, it is very expensive to winterize. That is why New York gets very little from wind energy. Texas dwarfs New York in wind energy production. Texas is leading the way in wind energy. Our Arctic blast experience taught us we need to boost coal during an Arctic blast, then dial it back after a week. Doing this once a decade will not harm the environment!

No, it's because we don't have the same potential for wind energy, (or solar), as Texas but we also have a large amount of hydroelectric power, the highest of any state east of the Mississippi.
We have hydro in Texas too, but it is only an asterisk like wind is to New York. And this leads to a point I've made to the global warming fanatics over the years. Various sources of energy work best based on the geography of the location. The fanatics have this one size fits all approach, and try to cram it down the throats of everybody. I tell them to back off and allow our scientists and engineers figure out what source of energy is best to use for each region on earth. You fanatics need to quit telling our power engineers what to do!

This is how Drumpf and the right wing media brainwashes their followers. Repeat the lie enough times and people will believe it.

View attachment 659720

I think we need to ask the right question of these climate change deniers... 'Why would you kill yourself?'

That was stupid!

Good thing that governement subsidies drove down the price of solar, though I'm sure everyone in Texas rejected all the subsidies when they install their solar power, right?
Every corporate CEO in the world is looking for revenues - especially when shareholders are involved. If those revenues happen to come from the government, so be it. Money is the same color whether it comes from the public or private sectors.

I will be more willing to believe in Global Warming and rising Seas when I see people moving away from our coaslines and insurance companies not be willing to write policies for those areas as well.

Europe had global warming in medevial times. Populations of the Earth doubled because so much more food could be grown world wide due to longer growing seasons.
You mean like how most insurance companies won’t insure coastal counties for windstorm in Texas and instead leave it to the Texas state funded Texas Windstorm Insurance Agency.

Or how the federal government provides all
Flood insurance.

If Europe had warming by definition that’s European not “global”.

Also our current civilization, the one that supports 7.5B people is based on the climate of the last 50-100 years. Adaption will be expensive in terms of money and lives. Even more so if we decide to pretend it’s not happening.

Reactions: JRP3 and mspohr
I provided a very nice overview of how today’s anthropogenically driven climate change differs from naturally driven climate change in the past. Physics deniers never want to address the physics or the history of the climate though.

Reactions: JRP3 and mspohr
You know that most of the power generated on Antartica is from wind, rite?

EubysurWgAIGvfW.jpg
Beautiful pic!

btw: you do realize that technically, Antartica is a desert (where it rarely rains/snows)?

Last edited:
Reactions: MitchP85D