Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Change Denial

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. It. Is. Not.

No one is saying that but you.

Either you are utterly confused, or you are trolling.
@DrGriz
my vote is "trolling" as he is argumentative, confrontational, insulting and appears to be unwilling to read scientific journals and learn other than spoon fed.
there is the link i left (see several messages above)
If I was communicating with him I would suggest going to college level libraries and read scientific journals on AGW,
perhaps Dr Mann's articles,
I think SAGE Press has a journal or several with refereed articles on AGW for his perusal through colleges & universities
cheers

Bill McKibben And The Insurance Industry In his latest Substack post, Bill McKibben delves into the insurance crisis brought on by a warmer climate. He argues that insurance is the lubricant that makes commerce possible. Losing insurance creates friction in the economic system and he warns that friction can lead to a collapse of important parts of local, national, and global economies. McKibben is not a voice crying in the wilderness. Just last week, the Wall Street Journal published an article with the title, “Buying Home and Auto Insurance Is Becoming Impossible.” Here are the first few paragraphs: After Allstate suffered billions of dollars in losses and failed to get the rate increases it wanted, it resorted to the nuclear option. The insurance giant threatened last fall to stop renewing auto insurance for customers in three states that hadn’t given in to its demands, which would have left those policyholders scrambling for coverage. The states blinked.

Insurers are coming off some of their worst years in history. Catastrophic damage from storms and wildfires is one big reason. The past decade of global natural catastrophes has been the costliest ever. Warmer temperatures have made storms worse and contributed to droughts that have elevated wildfire risk.

Bill McKibben says. “Insurance sounds like a boring topic, until you think about it a little. It’s the (enormous) part of the economy that’s assigned to understand risk. And to do so it developed one of the most powerful technologies in all of human history — the actuarial table. Using it, the industry can predict what’s going to happen — predict it accurately enough to allow everyone else to affordably hedge against that risk.

It’s already happening. Recently, Forrester Research predicted, “Climate change will destabilize the global insurance industry.” Increasingly extreme weather will make it harder for insurance companies to model and predict exposures, accurately calculate reserves, offer coverage and pay claims, the report said. As a result, it said, “more insurers will leave markets besides the high stakes states like California, Florida, and Louisiana.”

I guess it's not just a matter of winterizing the plants either... meanwhile, winterized wind turbines continues producing for the people.

Get ready for Tuesday morning, charge your EV to 100% on Monday!

Imagine if most homes had just ~2 hours of battery storage. This would be 100% a non-issue. Even if just 20% of homes had ~2 hours of battery storage.

Imagine if most homes had just ~2 hours of battery storage. This would be 100% a non-issue. Even if just 20% of homes had ~2 hours of battery storage.

Elon needs to enable V2G for the vehicles. There was discussion about the AC path being a no-go due to the circuitry. Using the DC path, there would be no such issue. For $2500 to get the bidirectional wall unit and then install, this could nudge a lot of people to buying a Tesla as the comparison would become getting a Tesla to replacement ICE vehicle + get a home generator. Additional benefit is if your neighborhood is out, you'd just have to drive to a SuC and fill up, then bring that energy to power your house. ;)

Each doubling of CO2 is a degree of warming… (diminishing returns). Most won’t explain why this warming is bad. And it’s come down from 7000 ppm and we had ice ages.

So yes, CO2 is going up, it started its trend up long before internal combustion (as it warms the ocean releases CO2… far more than man). It probably does magnify warming… but warming isn’t a bad thing.

And are you ready to really sacrifice to have no significant impact? Start with giving up all travel and plastic and medicine, and go live in a yurt, or support nuclear power, then I’ll believe you really care.

That's why we must do our best to fight the Climate Change issue. The damages that we are getting because of it are HUGE.
Actually the theory was that it would decrease storm intensity… but so far, there is no measurable difference that we can tell. (All within variance)…

And all the hype about a couple inches per century in ocean rise (when tides fluctuate it by many feet per day, not counting storm surge, etc), is just propaganda.

However damage costs per storm goes up because of inflation and coastal development… not because of global warming. So frauds quote that to scare the rubes.

But I grew up when global cooling, the population bomb, and peak oil were the climate cults scaremongering tools du jour.

This isn’t denying it’s warming, and man is a minor contributor, just that the planet will be fine… as will civilization, as long as we don’t give control to the watermelon Marxists.

Last edited:
Actually the theory was that it would decrease storm intensity… but so far, there is no measurable difference that we can tell. (All within variance)…

And all the hype about a couple inches per century in ocean rise (when tides fluctuate it by many feet per day, not counting storm surge, etc), is just propaganda.

However damage costs per storm goes up because of inflation and coastal development… not because of global warming. So frauds quote that to scare the rubes.

But I grew up when global cooling, the population bomb, and peak oil were the climate cults scaremongering tools du jour.

This isn’t denying it’s warming, and man is a minor contributor, just that the planet will be fine… as will civilization, as long as we don’t give control to the watermelon Marxists.
[To Moderators: can you please consider this post for the politics - quarantine thread?]

Reactions: eevee-fan

Coming from someone who thinks CO2 absorbs light, I'll pass on your advise. If that were the case, the insurance industry would not be bailing form Florida. Seems the professionals think climate change is happening. Perhaps you should get your buddies to start an insurance company and insure all those Florida properties that you think are low risk. LOL

Elon needs to enable V2G for the vehicles. There was discussion about the AC path being a no-go due to the circuitry. Using the DC path, there would be no such issue. For $2500 to get the bidirectional wall unit and then install, this could nudge a lot of people to buying a Tesla as the comparison would become getting a Tesla to replacement ICE vehicle + get a home generator. Additional benefit is if your neighborhood is out, you'd just have to drive to a SuC and fill up, then bring that energy to power your house. ;)

Oh, also, the hybrid solar inverters that takes 400V DC... would be neat to be able to flip the Transfer Switch, attach the Tesla to a Generator In port, and power your home. My highest load is my HVAC that uses 5 kW, that would be just 20A on 240V... easy peasy load for any EV battery ;)

MODERATOR:

@DaveE

Your confrontational attitude AND your Appeal to Authority (“I have a Master’s in Business”) - a logical fallacy - together are black marks, lending yourself to Moderator discipline - something that might or might not be forthcoming, depending on a Moderator’s largesse.

HOWEVER, your character besmirching AND your disregard for facts and your throwing out easily demonstrable lies* are not forgivable. Cease now or you will find yourself on a longterm vacation.

*I went to school in the early and mid ‘70s, and in undergrad in mid-late years of that decade, all preparatory to MS and PhD degrees in geochemistry. Your assertion that global cooling was commonly considered an upcoming problem is revisionist pap, having been mischievously concocted as “history” about two decades ago - you may or may not be an instigator of same but by repeating it, you bear the same guilt as its creators. Cut it out, now.

MODERATOR:

@DaveE

Your confrontational attitude AND your Appeal to Authority (“I have a Master’s in Business”) - a logical fallacy - together are black marks, lending yourself to Moderator discipline - something that might or might not be forthcoming, depending on a Moderator’s largesse.

HOWEVER, your character besmirching AND your disregard for facts and your throwing out easily demonstrable lies* are not forgivable. Cease now or you will find yourself on a longterm vacation.

*I went to school in the early and mid ‘70s, and in undergrad in mid-late years of that decade, all preparatory to MS and PhD degrees in geochemistry. Your assertion that global cooling was commonly considered an upcoming problem is revisionist pap, having been mischievously concocted as “history” about two decades ago - you may or may not be an instigator of same but by repeating it, you bear the same guilt as its creators. Cut it out, now.
You sir catching members with their fallacies. But not knowing yourself committing the same fallacy using your authority here.

One thing western logical method will not shine a light into the pathway of wisdom is the inability to come in agreement based on pure respect. I have a degree in philosophy and can tell you catching fallacies only further separate people from wisdom.

We all should respect each other regardless of we are respected or not.
I cannot change people, I can only be a good example for them. 🙏

MODERATOR:

@DaveE

WELL SAID!

Reactions: MitchMitch
Oh, also, the hybrid solar inverters that takes 400V DC... would be neat to be able to flip the Transfer Switch, attach the Tesla to a Generator In port, and power your home. My highest load is my HVAC that uses 5 kW, that would be just 20A on 240V... easy peasy load for any EV battery ;)
Most hybrid solar inverters can take 400v DC input (from solar panels). They already have an automatic transfer switch for power failures. They also usually have 48v battery input for backup batteries.
You could just hook the Tesla battery to the solar panel input and it could provide power to the house and keep the backup battery charged.
Just need Tesla to make the necessary modifications to the charge port. If it can take 400v in from a Supercharger it should be able to output 400v from the battery.

Each doubling of CO2 is a degree of warming… (diminishing returns). Most won’t explain why this warming is bad. And it’s come down from 7000 ppm and we had ice ages.

So yes, CO2 is going up, it started its trend up long before internal combustion (as it warms the ocean releases CO2… far more than man). It probably does magnify warming… but warming isn’t a bad thing.

And are you ready to really sacrifice to have no significant impact? Start with giving up all travel and plastic and medicine, and go live in a yurt, or support nuclear power, then I’ll believe you really care.
The biggest challenge I believe with rising temperatures is sea level rise. We built our society, our cities and ports to accommodate a sea level that has been relatively static for nearly 10,000 year. Whenever CO2 levels were over 1000ppm there was virtually no ice caps. No ice caps and sea level is some 200' higher than today. When I first started learning about Global Warming around 2000 Sea levels were rising about 3mm/year. Now the increase is 3.5mm/year and accelerating. Where is your source that CO2 had risen from 5000 BC to 1800AD. All data I have seen has shown it to be quite level at 280ppm. Some 35% below current levels.

The biggest challenge I believe with rising temperatures is sea level rise. We built our society, our cities and ports to accommodate a sea level that has been relatively static for nearly 10,000 year. Whenever CO2 levels were over 1000ppm there was virtually no ice caps. No ice caps and sea level is some 200' higher than today. When I first started learning about Global Warming around 2000 Sea levels were rising about 3mm/year. Now the increase is 3.5mm/year and accelerating. Where is your source that CO2 had risen from 5000 BC to 1800AD. All data I have seen has shown it to be quite level at 280ppm. Some 35% below current levels.

Teh CA coast has been moving since the beginning of time. (Tectonics)