Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate control broken one week in

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, while under my rock I actually read the page you pointed to: thought this extract was pertinent

"Failures during infant mortality are highly undesirable and are always caused by defects and blunders: material defects, design blunders, errors in assembly, etc."

The underlining is mine. Dare I suggest it indicates that Tesla's QC is a bit *sugar*?

Genuinely can't believe that anyone thinks it's unreasonable to complain about your heater breaking down after a week.
It may indeed be a QC oversight. But it becomes impractical to fully “burn in” every component or the whole vehicle for that matter. Often they will do sub samples to monitor things. There is some cost to allowing some flaws through. But it would be to costly to reach 99.999% flaw free.

Your biggest concern should NOT be the flaw. It’s that the SC fixes the correct thing correctly without breaking something else ;)

You did say you've done a reset (or as you said reboot I presume) but did you do a hard reset or was it a soft reset... I had a problem with latest software frozen and not updating...I did a soft then hard reset and all was fine...

A soft reset is pressing the two steering wheel buttons until the screen goes blank... and a hard reset is the same thing but pressing the brake pedal at the same time!
There is only one reset now. The brake pedal one is the same as the 2 button one.

There is only one reset now. The brake pedal one is the same as the 2 button one.
I always wondered if the brake pedal ever did anything ;)

On my Model X, if I change the tire size it definitely reboots the whole car (or at least a lot more stuff). You can hear cooling fans shut off in the dash, relays under the car go clunk a couple times when you change tire size. Wish they had a reboot button because it’s a pain to do it twice to set the tire size back :)

Where as the two button reboot just reboots the MCU. Much quicker and none of the sounds you hear when changing tire size.

I just powered off the vehicle from the menu. I did the same thing as the button reset. Made a few weird noises for about 5 minutes.

Funny enough the Tesla Ranger who came out, said, they wouldn't have fixed it anyway as it was most likely a hardware issue rather than software. All the reset button does is reset the software. That's what he said anyway. Like a mobile phone I guess.

I just powered off the vehicle from the menu. I did the same thing as the button reset. Made a few weird noises for about 5 minutes.

Funny enough the Tesla Ranger who came out, said, they wouldn't have fixed it anyway as it was most likely a hardware issue rather than software. All the reset button does is reset the software. That's what he said anyway. Like a mobile phone I guess.
Control-Alt-Del really.

Ok.

I left the car all day and night, not logged in at all. Ranger turns up, does the diagnostic stuff and confirms nothing is wrong and that it works…..i watched and he was right.

The car had done an update during the day and there were no notes showing what was had gone wrong, which was odd because it was on the app and i took pics.

In short, he said to drive home and if it does it again, to call him back out. Tesla Ranger Sid, from Nottingham was absolutely fantastic. He offered lots of help and advice and told me what to do if it breaks down my way. I couldn’t have asked for more.

Drive home, worked flawlessly, so I have no idea what happened but I just hope it doesn’t do it again. Tesla service were fantastic, from phone call to leaving me after checking the car.

Ontop, the drive home was great, cant get enough of that TACC on the motorway

Please let me know if this has happened to you again. I have 700 miles on my Model 3 and this happened to me this morning. I will be calling Tesla when they open, but I'd really like to know if you've seen this again since your last post.

Please let me know if this has happened to you again. I have 700 miles on my Model 3 and this happened to me this morning. I will be calling Tesla when they open, but I'd really like to know if you've seen this again since your last post.
Hiya, I've not had a problem since which is really strange. I honestly think it was the freezing fog I was driving in that caused it to break. I've driven another 600 miles since and nothing has happened. Its due to go in for a service to replace some sensors on 10th Jan, but I'm tempted to cancel the appointment as I don't want them ripping the car apart unless they have to.

Do you know how cold it was when it happened?