Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate control issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 MYLR

The climate control thinks the temperature inside the cabin is 70 when it’s actually 75-76

See the YouTube video link at the end.

Has anyone had similar problem?

Just set the HVAC a few degrees cooler?

Does anyone know where the temperature sensor is for the cabin? I really have no idea. I'm sure there is a gradient in the cabin and if you put the thermometer in different locations and let it stabilize you will get different readings.

Put your car in the garage or in complete shade, let it sit for 30 minutes at a set temp, then take the reading again, I would bet it would be very close to the reading on your handheld. There is so much more to temperature control than just a thermometer in ambient air. Taking a reading like that with an HVAC system would cause short cycling which is bad for compressors.

Just set the HVAC a few degrees cooler?

Does anyone know where the temperature sensor is for the cabin? I really have no idea. I'm sure there is a gradient in the cabin and if you put the thermometer in different locations and let it stabilize you will get different readings.

Put your car in the garage or in complete shade, let it sit for 30 minutes at a set temp, then take the reading again, I would bet it would be very close to the reading on your handheld. There is so much more to temperature control than just a thermometer in ambient air. Taking a reading like that with an HVAC system would cause short cycling which is bad for compressors.
The problem is not the reading, but it doesn’t feel cool enough for the passengers. The reading is the proof that the feeling of the passengers is objective.

I don’t know what we will prove by doing the gymnastics you suggest.

The interior temperature sensor is on the underside of where the center screen is mounted to the dash (directly above the divider on the charging pads). Put your temperature probe in that general area and see what reading you get.

If it is still way off when measured here, try rebooting the car, and if it's still way off, open a service ticket and have a mobile ranger come look at it. Maybe you have a defective sensor.

The interior temperature sensor is on the underside of where the center screen is mounted to the dash (directly above the divider on the charging pads). Put your temperature probe in that general area and see what reading you get.

If it is still way off when measured here, try rebooting the car, and if it's still way off, open a service ticket and have a mobile ranger come look at it. Maybe you have a defective sensor.
A defective sensor should give random readings, shouldn't it. What seems to happen is that I set the temperature to let's say 66, the app will show the cabin temperature going down to 66 very fast, without any actual perceived change. Then I set it to 76 and again the app will show the temperature going up to 76 pretty fast, but again without any perceived change.

Not sure if I'm explaining it right..

My Fremont produced 2023 MYLR was probably made in Dec 2022 - I picked it up in Seattle on 12/31, in any case. After a couple months I realized the climate control was not warming the cabin on demand, but doing it's own thing. I initiated a service ticket on the app and got an appointment for the next week. After a couple days, I got notified that they remote diagnosed the problem, and the cabin temperature sensor needed replacement, and they rescheduled me for a later date when they would have them back in stock. Day came, got the repair done, no problems since.
Good luck with yours...