Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Has anyone tried cross climates on MYP

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone tried cross climate on a 2023 MYP?

Thinking if I can get away with running them year round speed rating aside since I’m not planning on driving at anywhere near top speed

I’ve looked at the massive thread on the maximum size but no one mentions the cross climate

Sizes I’m thinking 265/40-21 up front 275/40-21 back

Or 255/40-21 in front and 275/40-21 in back.

I saw the YouTube video of the 265/40-21 in the front and user states rubbing so safe bet is the 255/40-21 correct.

Thank you for all your feedback

Still have the factory tires on the M-Y but I had cross climate on my M-3, and they seemed to be wearing pretty well, the noise was better than the factory tires (the cross climates did not have foam cores), and the wh/m went up to about 255 from 250, very modest impact. All in all I thought the cross-climate tires were great.

I swear I read somewhere that the Cross Climates were a bit loud, but now I can't find it. I thought it was on Tire Rack, but it's not there.
The challenge is the tread design. With it being a directional tread, it is more likely to feather/cup because you cannot cross rotate to promote even treadwear. As the tire wears, if not maintained properly, they can get louder. With proper Rotation however, you are less likely to have this issue.