Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate Control Screen Bugs Me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I go into the Climate Control Screen and turn climate control OFF the window closes as well. This bugs me because all I wanted to do was turn off CControl. When I'm done seeing the CControl settings I'll close the screen.

As far as I can see this is the only screen that acts like this. All the others stay open and you sweep down to close them.

The way it's set to auto close when turned off is counter intuitive.

Anybody know a way to change this out so I just live with it?

-stew

Reactions: beachmiles
When I go into the Climate Control Screen and turn climate control OFF the window closes as well. This bugs me because all I wanted to do was turn off CControl. When I'm done seeing the CControl settings I'll close the screen.

As far as I can see this is the only screen that acts like this. All the others stay open and you sweep down to close them.

-stew
AFAIK, there is no way to change this, and it's even more frustrating if yuo want to take advantage of cold weather package options without turning on the HVAC. They've at least made it possible to put some of the heated component buttons on the bottom of the screen now (by sacrificing app buttons), but you can never turn on any rear heated seat without also turning on the HVAC, and you've got to decide whether you want to sacrifice any given app button or pop up the menu for (and turn on) the HVAC each time you want to turn one of those other features on and off. It wasn't always this way, there was an HVAC screen you could leav up until v10. With the latest updates (2023.x), the energy chart disappears at the end of trips and/or when the HVAC which was covering it disappears, so that's also fun.

Reactions: beachmiles

-stew

Two thoughts:
1. don't turn off the CC until you're done using the screen?
2. turn the CC off by pressing the temp in the main screen, then open the CC screen?

Two thoughts:
2. turn the CC off by pressing the temp in the main screen, then open the CC screen?
1. "Done seeing" = wanting the climate control off doesn't equate to wanting the climate control screen to go away.
2. What? Maybe you mistyped, because what I'm understanding here is "turn off the climate control by long-pressing the temperature and then turn it back on to bring the screen up" which not only wouldn't help with wanting the screen up while the climate control is off, but would also technically exacerbate the frustration by turning climate control back on back on (ultimately no different than trying to bring the screen up after it goes away with the power button being pressed in said screen).

Two thoughts:

@ngng I see what you're saying but your solution requires the driver to remember that this CC screen is different than all other screens and I have to NOT turn it off until I'm done setting all the rest of the options on the screen. No, not a friendly way to do it.

I didn't understand your #2 response at all.

Thanks for your input.

-stew

1. "Done seeing" = wanting the climate control off doesn't equate to wanting the climate control screen to go away.
2. What? Maybe you mistyped, because what I'm understanding here is "turn off the climate control by long-pressing the temperature and then turn it back on to bring the screen up" which not only wouldn't help with wanting the screen up while the climate control is off, but would also technically exacerbate the frustration by turning climate control back on back on (ultimately no different than trying to bring the screen up after it goes away with the power button being pressed in said screen).

I have no idea if any of those would work for OP since I don't have any of the same concerns