Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate control switching on by itself

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had my model 3 LR since September. Over the last week I have noticed that the cllimate control has switched on by itself despite the car not having been driven for lasf few days. I got a notification on my app that the car has arrived to the desired temperature and when I looked in to my App I saw that the climate control was on. This has happened 2-3 times over the last week and is resulting in signficant phantom drain and increased need to top up my charging. Any ideas on how to avoid this?

First thing I would recommend checking is, ensuring you dont ( and have never) connected with the car with any third party application that can interact with it.

Next, it would be to see if you ever set scheduled departure time (even once) because that setting seems to stay set. If you set up scheduled departure once because you were going somewhere one morning, the car could still be doing that.

First thing I would recommend checking is, ensuring you dont ( and have never) connected with the car with any third party application that can interact with it.

Next, it would be to see if you ever set scheduled departure time (even once) because that setting seems to stay set. If you set up scheduled departure once because you were going somewhere one morning, the car could still be doing that.
I will have a look at my departure schedule to make sure it hasn't inadvertently been turned on whilst playing around with settings. Thanks. Useful tip.

It looks like I might have made a mistake when setting up scheduled departure charging so that the car thought I was going to start my journey and started to preheat. Once I switched off scheduled charging this is no longer an issue.