Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate keeper system fault

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Shortly after the last firmware 2021.24.28 my 2015 MS hasn't been able to turn the AC on from the app. It'll say climate on failed. I'll go out to the car and on the screen it says climate keeper unavailable due to system fault (or something to that effect). The AC will come on and after about 30 seconds that message will go away and I can turn climate keeper on. This is super inconvenient. Anyone know what's going on and have a fix?

Last edited:
Got the same issue right now… tried reboot, reinstalled the app on my phone, really sucks especially when you use dog mode a lot for the puppy! Good thing it’s coming into winter in Canada!
Fixed!!! I had taken my bumper off to wrap it and forgot to plug in the cable there again. Seems that controls the outside air temp thermometer etc so I assume it’s all connected in the AC system. Had also noticed a lot of fogging going on whilst the plug was disconnected

I just had the same issue with my Tesla model 3 (2019) … heat stopped working and fans kept blowing cold air. I went to the service Center in Langley BC Canada , and after 3 days they told me it’s gonna be about 1500$. I’m shocked, how is a 3 year old 60k car have such bad component. Unlucky for me I just passed the 80k mileage