Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Climate keeper unavailable due to system fault.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same here. My windshield was just replaced and right door handle won’t open. Also, climate keeper says system failure. Not sure what this is. Mobile service is coming out.
I'll keep you posted on what they are going to do. My appointment was moved to 8/2/22...of course.
I'll take the rearview mirror housing apart this weekend and have a look myself. Others had a pinched harness up there.
The door acts up even worst after washing the car...might be unrelated to the windshield. Where is your service center?

Oh, and now, if I shut the door with any force at all it pops right back open. I might need to dig into that door also...I don't trust the techs in Charlotte much. With any repair they did so far they broke another thing and then they don't have time or parts to fix it. This does happen every time without fault. I've never had the car fully fixed so far. So sad!

Last edited:
Plot twist: I pulled the trigger on the update to 2022.8.3 (on the theory that the service center is going to do this anyway when I take my car in, so I might as well see what it's going to break so I can add to the service ticket).

And for the first time since I took delivery of this car, climate control is actually working. I'll need to do more testing with this tomorrow, but at least for the few minutes I played with it, everything was working as expected, and I had the options to keep climate on, dog mode, and camp mode on the right side of the climate control panel.

@niogyn I have no idea how you updated to a firmware version and it broke climate control, where I updated to that same version and that fixed it. Welcome to the wild and wacky world of Tesla software. 🤪

Update: So when I did that service visit for my Model X's post-delivery issues, I mentioned the saga of the climate control, and that things seemed to be working. The service advisor said the firmware update made things partially work, but they really needed to replace some hardware to get things working all the way. That was in April. The new service appointment to fix climate control (which requires at least one new sensor) keeps getting pushed back due to not being able to get parts. Current working date is in early August.

In the meantime, we've taken the Model X on over 3,000 miles of road trips up and down the US West Coast, in conditions from snow/sleet to 100F+. The climate control system nominally works, although it does seem to have some difficulty holding temperature, particularly cooling. It's pretty feeble and bewildering compared to the climate control on my 2015 Model S.

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: FlyF4
Edit: No need to burden service, just stay within systems limits & do basic resets when restoring to norms after deviating. Basic software protocol. (P.S. Are there ways to edit posts after initial entry?)

Update: So when I did that service visit for my Model X's post-delivery issues, I mentioned the saga of the climate control, and that things seemed to be working. The service advisor said the firmware update made things partially work, but they really needed to replace some hardware to get things working all the way. That was in April. The new service appointment to fix climate control (which requires at least one new sensor) keeps getting pushed back due to not being able to get parts. Current working date is in early August.

In the meantime, we've taken the Model X on over 3,000 miles of road trips up and down the US West Coast, in conditions from snow/sleet to 100F+. The climate control system nominally works, although it does seem to have some difficulty holding temperature, particularly cooling. It's pretty feeble and bewildering compared to the climate control on my 2015 Model S.

Bruce.

I never followed up on this for a variety of stupid reasons.

The service center (Berkeley, CA) finally got the parts (described as "HVAC sensor service kit") and took my car in at the end of September (2022). They had it for about a week to work off this and couple other issues, but for this problem they replaced a "Relative Humidity and Temperature Sensor". The weather's been pretty mild here in NorCal since then, but so far I'm pretty satisfied with how it's working.

Bruce.