Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Close Window from Phone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My sister-in-law just told me "the passenger seat window is open on your car'. I went to the Tesla
App in my phone - did not find anything related to windows AnyWhere. What am I missing?
Yes, went out to check car and saw window was open.
Also checked the App on this laptop (Windows 11) and again - nothing about windows anywhere.
Again ... what am I missing?
- Jim in the PNW

Older Model X's can't *roll up* windows remotely via the app.

Interestingly, the newest versions of the phone app allow *some * remote control of the windows: if you select 'climate' from the main list (of the phone app home screen), you will see there is an icon at the bottom that says 'vent'

If you select this on an older Tesla, you will see a pop up reminding you that this is a one-way operation, you can open remotely but you can't close remotely, just like the frunk.

Note that on the main controls screen *inside the car* under the "Vehicle" section there is a section about 'Car Left Open Notifications" where you can tell the car to "alert" you (via the phone app) if the windows (or doors) are left open.

See attached photo

Attachments

• 57D85819-815B-4664-A516-8001437A1F7C.jpeg
    57D85819-815B-4664-A516-8001437A1F7C.jpeg
    365.2 KB · Views: 834
Last edited:
Reactions: Art VandeIay
Art,
Thanks for your answer - not the answer I was hoping for but at least I 'know what to expect'. Sure
seems like an oversight on the part of the engineers ... but just like most tech things these days the
engineers are all too often isolated from the customers to the point that they don't think like a
user. What is "cool" is more likely to be done than what is "obvious". *Sigh*
- Jim in the PNW

Art,
Thanks for your answer - not the answer I was hoping for but at least I 'know what to expect'. Sure
seems like an oversight on the part of the engineers ... but just like most tech things these days the
engineers are all too often isolated from the customers to the point that they don't think like a
user. What is "cool" is more likely to be done than what is "obvious". *Sigh*
- Jim in the PNW
I think it's a liability thing for why you can't close windows via the app. Like if a kid or Fido has an arm or head out the window and you remote close them...