Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cloud profiles between two different Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My parents just picked up a 3 LR, and I've had a 3 Performance. They added me as an authorized driver/user and I can see my cloud profile in their vehicle (as well as seeing their car on my app.) Weird thing is, while the drive settings, screen icon placements, etc all carried over, the seat and mirror positioning is nowhere near correct. I always have to reset it each time I get into the car.

Question: if I press "save" after I adjust it in their car, will it carry over into my own car? ie, do changes made in either car carry over to the other, or only in the initial/master car?

Retrieving yes, I just didn't want to readjust in my parents' car and have that readjustment carry over into mine.
Is that because you're afraid you'll get it "wrong" and now the settings will be "wrong" in your car?

I mean I get that, but I have to figure you'll be close enough that it shouldn't matter a lot, and if you need to, just tweak the settings in your car, hit save, and then maybe it will carry over to your parents car. Or maybe that's the solution. Make a minor tweak in your car and then set it back and hit Save and see if that's enough to trigger a save of the seat positions, etc. to the cloud.

I now have two vehicles on my account, but one is a Model 3 and the other a Model Y so you would expect the settings to be different. Maybe the M3LR and M3P are considered "different" enough that seat position type settings are not carried over.

I guess if I were you, I'd try the minor tweak (and back) in your car to save to the cloud, then see if it carried over to your parents' car. If so, you're done. If not, it's probably safe to make changes in your parents car, save them, and not have them carry back to your car.

Is that because you're afraid you'll get it "wrong" and now the settings will be "wrong" in your car?

I mean I get that, but I have to figure you'll be close enough that it shouldn't matter a lot, and if you need to, just tweak the settings in your car, hit save, and then maybe it will carry over to your parents car. Or maybe that's the solution. Make a minor tweak in your car and then set it back and hit Save and see if that's enough to trigger a save of the seat positions, etc. to the cloud.

I now have two vehicles on my account, but one is a Model 3 and the other a Model Y so you would expect the settings to be different. Maybe the M3LR and M3P are considered "different" enough that seat position type settings are not carried over.

I guess if I were you, I'd try the minor tweak (and back) in your car to save to the cloud, then see if it carried over to your parents' car. If so, you're done. If not, it's probably safe to make changes in your parents car, save them, and not have them carry back to your car.
Yes - that's exactly what I fear is that I'll get it "wrong" there and that "wrong" carries over to my own car. It's like soooo off in my parents car under MY cloud profile that I'm hesitant to play with it. Love your idea of small tweaking and saving in my car and seeing if that carries over - thanks!

Reactions: RTPEV
I’m struggling mightily with this after picking up a used m3 yesterday. The seating is adjusts insanely differently going between my wife’s 2023 m3 and my 2018 m3. Mine went into full reclined mode twice today and crushed me into my wife’s steering wheel once today. Hers also thought I was the primary once when she got into hers and it crushed her too. Ridiculous.

-Paul

I have two Model Y. (search brought me here..:) ) my 2021 started life with 'local' profiles. My 2023 only has 'cloud'. of course, the 'cloud' profiles now show up on the '21. but even after running calibration on both vehicles, the settings on one car aren't 'right' on the other. side mirror is worst offender. Anyone have a solution? a dance you have to do with calibration? Or can I just disable 'cloud' on my '21? (sorry if this is wrong place, but figure it might be a common 3 - Y problem)