Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Rehab Shop Profiled By CNBC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Carl Medlock and his Medlock & Sons Tesla Roadster rehab shop in Seattle recently received a profile by CNBC. Medlock is a former Tesla employee and “one of the few people in the U.S. that can fix the company’s original Roadster car.” Spare parts for the original Tesla are difficult to source and Medlock has...
[WPURI="https://teslamotorsclub.com/blog/2019/08/27/roadster-rehab-shop-profiled-by-cnbc/"]READ FULL ARTICLE[/WPURI]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff! I honestly wasn’t aware of Carl's shop although I imagine he used to post here?

Carl Medlock, Peter Gruber, and Javier at ExecMotorwerkz should collaborate or at least share technical information and knowledge. I think there's a Roadster (or 3rd Party Tesla) shop in the Northeast as well? Just need someone in Chicago and maybe Florida and Texas for decent regional coverage in the US. I'm not ignoring the international owners, I just don't have a good sense of where the Roadsters are distributed internationally.

It's a shame Tesla is not providing strong support for our cars. I understand it's probably not that profitable but they do have an obligation to support the cars and goodwill goes a long way.

Reactions: Gremlin
Great stuff! I honestly wasn’t aware of Carl's shop although I imagine he used to post here?

Carl Medlock, Peter Gruber, and Javier at ExecMotorwerkz should collaborate or at least share technical information and knowledge. I think there's a Roadster (or 3rd Party Tesla) shop in the Northeast as well? Just need someone in Chicago and maybe Florida and Texas for decent regional coverage in the US. I'm not ignoring the international owners, I just don't have a good sense of where the Roadsters are distributed internationally.

It's a shame Tesla is not providing strong support for our cars. I understand it's probably not that profitable but they do have an obligation to support the cars and goodwill goes a long way.
If you find the Northeast info please send it my way. Lot cheaper for me when I eventually land a Roadster as I live in DC metro area :- )

Last edited:
If you find the Northeast info please send it my way. Lot cheaper for me when I eventually land a Roadster as I live in DC metro area :- )
I hired Javier at Tesla, one of the hardest working people I have ever met in my life. He flew up here last summer and we built a few PEMS together. He is also one of my favorite people

This is what Carl did for us. Before and after

1BE9A983-E9CA-4BCA-AF08-29EABBA8C610.jpeg
BF189DFB-757B-4121-95AF-0EE4B6A83D03.jpeg

I don't do body work normally, but we refuse to let these die, so when one comes along that needs this love, we will do it. We usually do all the other roadster stuff, PEM's Batteries, and everything else. The last one I spent this much time is the one above. The blue and now Red one. If you want to fix it, we will make it happen no matter what the coroner 'insurance company" says.

• Love
Reactions: Gremlin and im4uttx