Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CO2/warming correlation - how to respond?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agree. To this concern I would like to point out an important aspect of the GHE that is not so much considered.
Because of the GHE the Earth warms and the snow and ice, reflecting the light, melt.
This means that the reflectivity (ALBEDO) of the Earth decreases and less energy is reflected as light and more energy is absorbed from the Earth and reflected as Infrared rays.
This is a feedback loop making increase the ENERGY IMBALANCE, 90% of which is absorbed by the Oceans, caused by the Green House Effect.
So not only we have to lower GHGs emissions but we must also get out of this evil feedback loop making increase the energy imbalance caused by the GHE.
It's an HARD WORK!

As I said in the quoted post, since more energy is absorbed by the Earth because the ALBEDO decreases, the ENERGY IMBALANCE of the Earth increases as it's shown in the reported graph.

Agree. To this concern I would like to point out an important aspect of the GHE that is not so much considered.
Because of the GHE the Earth warms and the snow and ice, reflecting the light, melt.
This means that the reflectivity (ALBEDO) of the Earth decreases and less energy is reflected as light and more energy is absorbed from the Earth and reflected as Infrared rays.
This is a feedback loop making increase the ENERGY IMBALANCE, 90% of which is absorbed by the Oceans, caused by the Green House Effect.
So not only we have to lower GHGs emissions but we must also get out of this evil feedback loop making increase the energy imbalance caused by the GHE.
It's an HARD WORK!
The ALBEDO is defined as the percentage of solar radiation that is reflected by the Earth.