Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coilovers M3 performance. Anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Morning.
Has anyone fitted coilovers to there T?
There's a black tesla in my area who's lowered.
My last set, I spent a lot on a decent set, but the ride is just so hard. My Audi Low road handles like a touring car. Way too hard even with the settings adjusted.

The ones I'm looking at are 10kg springs instead of 11kg on the T.

Let me know if you have. Thanks.

Yes, many of us have but what are you trying to achieve?
Better ride? Better handling? The slammed look? Track day beast?
It's always a compromise but if you can define what you're after, that will help you choose the best solution.
Also, you need to spend a reasonable amount of money to get something worth having. Anything under £1000 will be junk.
It's likely to affect your insurance too, so best check with your insurer first.
BTW Tesla have revised springs, dampers and ride heights over the years so it depends on model and age of car what you have on there currently.
A change of 1Kg in rate won't make a lot of difference in any case.

Hi.
I've got to be sensible here so probably 30-40mm lower. Of course I'd love to go slammed but with the battery and speed humps, I'd better just keep it lower.
I have a 3 performance and want a slightly softer ride. The car handles and drives spot on. It's just too high.

I'm not sure if the car owner near me in Binfield, UK. But his car is low with the body kit and looks brilliant.

As for the insurance. I'll have to find out. I pay over £1000 so hopefully it won't be much more.

Thank you for your help. Appreciate it.

You're going to get people recommending lowering springs. I'm not going to do that as they are just a cheap way to lower a car which can lead to other negative issues.
Depending on how much you're willing to spend, a decent coilover kit like KW is what I'd suggest.
Just be aware that there are plenty of lowered Model 3s out there which will look good but have worse ride and handling and with alignment all over the place (leading to tyres and suspension bushes wearing our prematurely).

• Helpful
Reactions: buckets0fun
You don't necessarily need adjustable arms. Get an alignment check done before you fit anything and see how it changes once lowered. There is a small amount of adjustment in the standard parts which Tesla calls "slop" 😁 i.e. the bolt holes are bigger than the bolts.
While you're at it, check all the rubber bushes on the arms, knuckles ets. for wear or tearing. Depending how many miles your car has done you may want to replace them at the same time the car is on the ramp and being worked on. It's a common issue even with low mileage Model 3s.