Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold air at HI setting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed my tesla model s 2016.5 75D doesn't seem to blow heat from the vents when recirculation is off. At HI setting, it still cold AC air. When I turn on recirculation and the heat then comes on. I had tesla replace the the actuator in this past December that was causing the vent to be at a close position and causing my car to fog up. Is this related to their previous repair?

• Informative
Reactions: beachmiles
There was a software change in the last few months that is not supposed to blow cold air and waits until there is heat available to warm the cabin. Perhaps you are encountering this feature and or relates to overriding automatic operation? I have older software (FSD beta owners are 6 months behind in the general software), so I can't confirm this feature change.

I checked the app and the interior temp is reporting incorrectly hot temp. No way the car interior is 27c and outside is 19c. So this explain why setting the car at 22c it would be still blowing AC air.

Anyone had good chance in replacing the faulty cabin air sensor and had this similar issue resolved?