Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Cold air leaking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can you provide an invoice (black-out person information) hoping to get SC to try to fix this.
My invoice just states that a technician rode in the car and verified the concern. Their solutions were to “adjust” the door but all they did was make my vehicle with perfect panel gaps look like it was a salvaged repaired vehicle after a really bad accident. The air leak actually got worse too. Took it back and they tried to say nothing was wrong (they love to do that) but I pushed them until they acknowledged the problem and wrote it in as a repeat issue and tried to “adjust” the doors again… no change again. The car at this point was at the SC for 2 months when I picked it up the second time. After I got it back the air leak was still there so I contacted them again. They actually brought up lemon law when I came back and asked me if I was gonna seek legal action.. I was sort of confused and caught off guard by their questioning. The guy told me they’re trained to ask about that once a customers car has been in the SC for longer than a month with the same issue. I told him that I wasn’t sure what to do and they actually assisted me with a buyback request without having to talk to a lawyer.

My advice is to not let these SC people try to BS you and tell you these issues are normal. A lot of these cars are defective imo because they pump them out of the factory really fast and there doesn’t seem to be any QC going on. The SC guy even told me the first time I picked up my car that it was a trade off to have either perfect panel gaps on the doors with an air leak or crooked doors that seal…. Bunch of bozos

If this SC doesn’t help you then go to another one, just be aware they’re trained to tell you they can’t replicate your issue.

Another thing I did was also tape a piece of toilet paper to your window and record it flapping around while you’re driving with the windows up.