Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I finally mostly fixed Interior flex/cold squeaks

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DrChaos

Feb 25, 2022
San Diego
I finally mostly fixed the very annoying interior squeak/pop/creak sound I heard going over bumps slowly or on hill transition where there is some flex. The sound was like rubber seals sticking and popping and that's exactly what it was. Significantly worse in the cold. But it took a while to find the specific problem.

This was one of the loudest noises, and though i still have other rattles, this was a big annoying one.

The answer is that it is the top of the frameless windows in the rubber groove making noise. My solution:
  • Open all the doors which will slightly lower the windows.
  • Thoroughly clean the inside and outside of the glass at the top edge down an inch or so.
  • Apply Gummi Pflege liquid to the rubber sealing part in the groove in the door frame where the window goes in. You may need to spread it around with your finger as the applicator can be too fat to fit in.

Had exactly the same issue. I used the Honda Shin-Etsu grease for it also worked great and is doing his job already for 6 months without issues

Reactions: DrChaos
How did you locate the problem?
By applying the Gummi stuff everywhere else and having that not solve the problem until I did the very top where the windows went in. And noticing there was a thin line of apparent rubber stuck on the windows themselves that suggested there was some transfer from the seal.

I still have some other rattles that are going to be harder to fix.

Reactions: PianoAl