Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Collective wisdom - anything I am overlooking before taking delivery??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, can’t get an appt scheduled. My app bombs out saying try again later. Called Service Center, but no answer and no call back. Managed to get someone live on the main Tesla number after playing obstacle course with the automated answering machine. Just like when buying the car, anyone you get live can’t actually do anything and never follow up.

He said my app issue is that I don’t have my address in my account, but I do. Apparently some system isn’t propagating the info and no one can fix it. Then he took all the info to set up an appt manually for me, but then remembered I am in Texas, and Texas Service Centers “do their own thing.” So he told me to call the service center directly. We know how well that goes! Thanks tor nothing.

In the mean time, the app shows available appts even though I can’t make one. From just the morning to evening yesterday, a whole week filled up. If it takes until mid week to fix, I’ll get an appt in 2021 if I am lucky.

Lol. But new owners (as well as current owners) do love getting their OTA presents. So maybe they feel why take that excitement away from someone?!

I would love to get mine, but still no updates despite being on WiFi for a couple of nights. Hopefully when I drive to the service center on Monday the trick of connecting to their network will wake it up.

Reactions: SMAlset
We have two Teslas and it’s interesting to see when and how far apart our updates come and how it compares to members’ updates here and on TeslaFi which I don’t use but check on from time to time to see how many Model 3 have an update pushed to them. Being your car is new and your account finally has a car in it maybe all of the database info hasn’t been set yet to send it your way. Updates do go out in batches. Hope you get yours soon. It’s great to install remotely too, like late at night from your bed. Just keep in mind once you start it you can’t drive until it’s finished.

We have two Teslas and it’s interesting to see when and how far apart our updates come and how it compares to members’ updates here and on TeslaFi which I don’t use but check on from time to time to see how many Model 3 have an update pushed to them. Being your car is new and your account finally has a car in it maybe all of the database info hasn’t been set yet to send it your way. Updates do go out in batches. Hope you get yours soon. It’s great to install remotely too, like late at night from your bed. Just keep in mind once you start it you can’t drive until it’s finished.

It's new to me, but it's a demo that was built in October. Just a little worried that since I can't even make a service appt that the car is not set up properly and it may not get set up on it's own without intervention. We'll see, but I can't say I've gotten any "warm and fuzzy" feelings so far with regards to sales, support or service.