Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Change Vinyl Owners - Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

KyleM3

Jul 21, 2020
PA
Alright, so I really want to go with a color change (love Nardo on the 3) wrap. I have a “clear bra” on my Mercedes a couple cars ago and it was worth every penny. That took the occasional hard rock that would leave a mark in the clear bra, but no worries because it’s clear. You would barely even notice it.

My question is though - for those with a color change, did you add an additional clear on top? I’m aware it seems like overkill, but my fear is if I just went with a colored vinyl it would show the white Tesla paint underneath because it wouldn’t have that extra protection?

It’s totally messing with which way I make go? I’ll go white from Tesla and go Nardo, the color I truly want. OR, get black paint from Tesla and just do a feel clear PPF.

Thanks!

I did not apply PPF over my (satin) color wrap. I’d rather just replace the color wrap if it was damaged enough to matter.

I did ceramic coat the wrap to take advantage of its’ benefits.

I installed wrap over the white. I did wrap the jambs and gaps as much as possible to minimize “peek-a-boos” . Might have picked a different base color depending on the planned wrap color.

• Love
Reactions: tvpauto
I did not apply PPF over my (satin) color wrap. I’d rather just replace the color wrap if it was damaged enough to matter.

I did ceramic coat the wrap to take advantage of its’ benefits.

I installed wrap over the white. I did wrap the jambs and gaps as much as possible to minimize “peek-a-boos” . Might have picked a different base color depending on the planned wrap color.

Depending on how long you’ve had it, has it held up well with chips?