Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Color Selection

What color option is best for a Tesla M3P?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Red looks the best of all. It is exactly the correct shade/tone of red.

When we picked up my car at the tesla parking area, we looked at all the cars (a hundred at least). My wife was leaning toward getting a blue car but now wants a red one. I told her, no way we are having 2 red m3 cars.

Take an up close look of a dozen m3 cars (or more). The paint job varies greatly.
I'm hoping I don't run into any issues with a white on white. :|

The pic of the White on White M3P is why I have my current configuration. BUT...... I keep coming back to red.

RED.png
41BBFAC5-F81E-4A79-A3D4-50C06D113F7B_jpeg.jpg

After looking at the pics, I definitely like the white better now. You were right about the tints too.

I agree that the white exterior with tinted windows looks real sharp. However, if you get super dark tinted windows and you get the white interior, you are likely to run into issues with the white strip across the dashboard causing glare issues. Specifically, the white strip is reflected in the tinted window to the point where you are likely to have trouble seeing clearly out the window and your view of your side mirriors may be obstructed as a result.

To see what I am talking about, check out this video. He discusses this concern at time mark 2:23:

I agree that the white exterior with tinted windows looks real sharp. However, if you get super dark tinted windows and you get the white interior, you are likely to run into issues with the white strip across the dashboard causing glare issues. Specifically, the white strip is reflected in the tinted window to the point where you are likely to have trouble seeing clearly out the window and your view of your side mirriors may be obstructed as a result.

To see what I am talking about, check out this video. He discusses this concern at time mark 2:23:

Yeah I see what you mean. I like how the tints look but I wouldn't tiny my windows.

I went with blue/black.

The blue is definitely my favorite (red is a close second), but if you think the swirls will bother you, do NOT get the blue.

I can see them if I’m looking for them. They don’t bother me but they’re definitely there.