Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Please fix the radio UI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla,
Please fix the radio UI. It is terrible. Mostly you can refer to the radio of the cheapest car on the market for a marked improvement in UX.

What we need:-
1. Favourites that stay in the same order. It's frustrating when the list order keeps changing. Default to Favourites, not recents. Recents is a terrible way to order the stations. It means we need to take our eyes off the road to understand which radio station we're on or scrolling between. Car radios have always had a list you can set yourself, and for good reason. Leading us to....>
2. Ability to order the favourites list.
3. Can't we PLEASE have the entire composer/singer and song name displayed? "Sibelius: "Swanwh..." was all I had today. Swanwh... what? Swanwhale? Swanwhacker? Swanwhisperer??? I couldn't imagine what the end of that word could be. So I kept looking away from the road, against my better judgement, while I tried to catch a glimpse of the scrolling version (in case it ever scrolled that is, which happens intermittantly and with no discernable frequency). It's up to the scrolling gods whether or not I might be able to know the whole singer and song name, god forbid, all at one time. It scrolled, I missed it. I'm still in the dark.
There is SO MUCH WHITE SPACE on the interface, it's beyond me why we can't have the info wrap over 2, or even 3 lines.

That is all.
Keep it simple.
Thank you.

Ellipses are also nasty with USB and Bluetooth audio, and as you noted, scrolling is an unsafe design for driving. There's lots of white space to fit in the full title.

The current radio UI has a horizontally scrolling list of radio station icons. The darn most will bounce back to the start while you look back at the road or after you tap a station. That makes it impractical to look through the list, try one, look further, and try another, which should be the point, right?