Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Colorado is Getting Supercharged!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SageBrush

REJECT Fascism
May 7, 2015
New Mexico
Tesla recently added Montrose, Telluride and Salida to the upcoming SC network plans in addition to those already in planning.
This is great news since it builds out ~ 4 ways to travel N-S through the breadth of the state.

At this point I can only hope for a SC in Durango to ease E-W driving along the southern part of the state to have the state well covered. It can wait though because of a high power L2 is in Pagosa Springs, courtesy of a fantastic private citizen from Boulder who built out the first convenient way to travel from Boulder to points south.

Screen Shot 2017-09-15 at 11.13.34 AM.png

The tesla webpage currently lists a job opening for a Supercharger Installation Project Manager so I wouldn't be surprised to see Denver get a bunch of urban superchargers in the next 24 months (although I hope they expand Park Meadows first!)
Here is a link to the job posting.

Reactions: MileHighMotoring
I am not complaining, I currently can get anywhere I need to go using superchargers, but compared to the proposed superchargers in Florida, Chicago, the northeast and California, the density in Denver has a ways to go.

I have no info, and I haven't been inside the parking garage yet to see if it's even possible, but the new Whole Foods in the Union Station district would make a very logical location for an urban supercharger.

Absolutely agree with you! I had wondered about the King Sooper that is adjacent to downtown for the same reasons.

I'm ready for Tesla to start on one or more of the 4 planned locations that are supposed to be complete by the end of this year!

;)

Absolutely agree with you! I had wondered about the King Sooper that is adjacent to downtown for the same reasons.

I'm ready for Tesla to start on one or more of the 4 planned locations that are supposed to be complete by the end of this year!

;)

The problem is the Soopers has virtually zero spare parking. So, there would either be a riot if they reserved spots for Teslas, or they would perpetually be ICE'd. It's bad enough as is that I don't bother going there unless it's before 10AM. I'm kind of doubting myself that the Whole Foods would be any better.

Another spot in that area that would make sense to me would be the temp Amtrak building they put in during the Union Station renovation. I don't think it's being used by anyone, is located within a few blocks of some nice places to eat and shop, and easy to get to.