Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Polaris, OH

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I happened to drive by some construction in the back of a parking lot on Polaris Pkwy. It's fenced off and has a black privacy screen around it. You can see equipment, a POD storage unit and construction material that's about it. But as a longtime Tesla owner you find yourself asking what would someone build in the back of a parking lot? A Supercharger is the only logical answer right?.. But you can't see any definitive evidence because of the privacy screen. So I leave and come back with my drone for a little aerial recon lol. And will you looky here.. It's across from Core Life Eatery.
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.jpg

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 52
I happened to drive by some construction in the back of a parking lot on Polaris Pkwy. It's fenced off and has a black privacy screen around it. You can see equipment, a POD storage unit and construction material that's about it. But as a longtime Tesla owner you find yourself asking what would someone build in the back of a parking lot? A Supercharger is the only logical answer right?.. But you can't see any definitive evidence because of the privacy screen. So I leave and come back with my drone for a little aerial recon lol. And will you looky here.. It's across from Core Life Eatery.

Based on that info and the pictures, I was able to find the following building permit, which was issued on 2019-03-15:

ALTC1800628
Address: 1177 Polaris Pkwy.; Columbus, OH; 43240
GPS: 40.141056, -82.988972 (assuming I got the true exact location from the pictures)

Description of Work: CONSTRUCTION OF TEN (10) ELECTRIC CAR CHARGING STATIONS LOCATED AT PARKING SPACES ON AN EXISTING PARKING LOT.

@BlueShift @Chuq

Polaris, OH

Interstates: I-71
US Numbered Highways: US-23

I-71
To: Mt Gilead, OH - 31.3 miles
Diversion: 2.7 miles
To: Strongsville, OH - 115.1 miles

Another charging option to improve flexibility.

I suppose it could also be a destination charger too but either way good to see!
No, destination chargers don't need Supercharger cabinets--which is what those things to the left of the tubing are. Also, at the bottom of the picture you can see the precast bases for the supercharger posts. So it's definitely a supercharger and almost certainly V2.

I happened to drive by some construction in the back of a parking lot on Polaris Pkwy. It's fenced off and has a black privacy screen around it. You can see equipment, a POD storage unit and construction material that's about it. But as a longtime Tesla owner you find yourself asking what would someone build in the back of a parking lot? A Supercharger is the only logical answer right?.. But you can't see any definitive evidence because of the privacy screen. So I leave and come back with my drone for a little aerial recon lol. And will you looky here.. It's across from Core Life Eatery.View attachment 394382 View attachment 394384 View attachment 394385
That drone is the gift that just keeps on giving!

I can't believe this is finally happening.

Based on that info and the pictures, I was able to find the following building permit, which was issued on 2019-03-15:

ALTC1800628
Address: 1177 Polaris Pkwy.; Columbus, OH; 43240
GPS: 40.141056, -82.988972 (assuming I got the true exact location from the pictures)

Description of Work: CONSTRUCTION OF TEN (10) ELECTRIC CAR CHARGING STATIONS LOCATED AT PARKING SPACES ON AN EXISTING PARKING LOT.

@BlueShift @Chuq
Was it registered under a mysterious shell company like some of the others?

This might be the most advantageously placed Supercharger in Ohio — all the dining options within walking distance!
Your definition of walking may be different. You have to cross the very wide and busy street for a lot of it. Not good if you got little ones. Still a great stop regardless.

I usually drop my family off and go charge. I do the bulk of the walking...

Reactions: ewakko