Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Come on Elon! lets break this record with the model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The aero wheel covers look interesting. They might provide the 20 miles of extra range that Tesla's aero wheels were supposed to. They have an innovative method to attach and remove:

Less drag = Less fuel | Aluminium wheel hubcaps | Eco Tuning --> Tuneko Ltd

The Model S could probably beat the 260 kph record with just a highrt (lower numerical) final drive ratio. I wonder if the drive unit geometry has room to make such a change easy to do?

GSP

Last edited:
Maybe one step at a time. For example, currently the speed record since 2011 for Pike Peak International Hill Climb is being held by a Nissan Leaf for a "production electric car"! (Ref: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikes_Peak_International_Hill_Climb#Cars). This makes me want to cry since my P85 is more than capable of breaking the Leaf record except the driver. It would be great if Tesla sends a P85+ with some no name race car driver, I'm sure it go into history book.

currently the speed record since 2011 for Pike Peak International Hill Climb is being held by a Nissan Leaf for a "production electric car"! It would be great if Tesla sends a P85+ with some no name race car driver
Perhaps they could ask Nobuhiro "Monster" Tajima, he's been up that hill once or twice....
Here he is wearing the Tesla Grin: :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: