Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Comfort Suspension

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think he is saying he spoke to a service advisor.

Did he mention when Austin cars will get comfort suspension? Do the Fremont Y’s have comfort?
I don't know how valid these articles are but Elon did mention upgraded suspensions and this article reconfirms that + posted some start date on when those suspension were installed.

• Model Y Long Range comfort suspension installation start (Fremont factory): October 7
  • Model Y Long Range comfort suspension installation start (Texas factory): August 29
  • Model Y Performance comfort suspension installation start: October 11

According to other threads about this matter, the new suspension part number are:
1188363-00-H front left damper
1188368-00-H front right damper
1188463-00-E rear dampers

You can find those part numbers on the sticker of your dampers once you get your car.

Reactions: TomB985
Unfortunately it's difficult to trust sales reps looking up the car. Would have to verify in person. I've had multiple sales reps tell me my car had the Intel Atom CPU when it came with the Ryzen CPU
They have now changed their story and a different SA says my model Y AWD extended range “should” have the new comfort suspension. SMH. I called the sales office and they now tell me they have received conflicting information and are tracking down the correct answer. I asked them to take pictures of the shocks/springs, etc., but so far they have not. The car is located in another state. I am supposed to fly in to pick the car up on Friday.

SAs have now confirmed that this report is wrong. They tell me only the 4680 model Y’s (which you cannot even order at this time) will have the new comfort suspension. The AWD extended range model Y I have reserved was manufactured on December 9 (2022) in Austin and it does NOT have the upgraded suspension.
I'd bet that your car comes with it. Let us know once you pick it up :)

I don't know how valid these articles are but Elon did mention upgraded suspensions and this article reconfirms that + posted some start date on when those suspension were installed.

• Model Y Long Range comfort suspension installation start (Fremont factory): October 7
  • Model Y Long Range comfort suspension installation start (Texas factory): August 29
  • Model Y Performance comfort suspension installation start: October 11
SAs have confirmed that this report is wrong and have now confirmed that only the 4680 model Y’s (which you cannot even order at this time) will have the new comfort suspension. U have a 2023 AWD extended range model Y I have reserved was manufactured on December 9 (2022) in Austin and it does NOT have the upgraded suspension.
I'd bet that your car comes with it. Let us know once you pick it up :)
I have to fly to another state to pick it up. I might pass on it. Still trying to decide. Very frustrating. I asked them to take pics of the tags on the springs and shocks showing the parts numbers but they would not.

SAs have confirmed that this report is wrong and have now confirmed that only the 4680 model Y’s (which you cannot even order at this time) will have the new comfort suspension. U have a 2023 AWD extended range model Y I have reserved was manufactured on December 9 (2022) in Austin and it does NOT have the upgraded suspension.

I have to fly to another state to pick it up. I might pass on it. Still trying to decide. Very frustrating. I asked them to take pics of the tags on the springs and shocks showing the parts numbers but they would not.
Are you a bot?

Just picked up a PA044XXXX Austin build. It has the new suspension part numbers fitted. No matrix lights unfortunately.

To clarify - looks like my build has these parts:
DAMPER ASSY FR LH,COIL E3 DM2288362-00-A
DAMPER ASSY FR RH,COIL E3 DM2288367-00-A
RR DAMPER ASSY - COIL DM SP2288463-00-A

Just picked up a PA044XXXX Austin build. It has the new suspension part numbers fitted. No matrix lights unfortunately.

To clarify - looks like my build has these parts:
DAMPER ASSY FR LH,COIL E3 DM2288362-00-A
DAMPER ASSY FR RH,COIL E3 DM2288367-00-A
RR DAMPER ASSY - COIL DM SP2288463-00-A
Can you take a pic of the sticker on your damper? I think that’s the only way to know for sure.

Hmmn.... I'm thinking that the Fremont and Austin builds are using different part numbers...... the FR damper on my MY LR (VIN PA044xxx) is p/n 2288367-00-A. That doesn't match the alleged "comfort" parts that are 1188xxx-00-H.

In the parts manual, some parts are clearly marked "AUSTIN" (suspect below, one part may be STD/LR and the other is MYP):
1672378370466.png

It's clear to me that the Fremont builds were shipping with various suspension parts that have been improved over time. Has Austin always shipped with the parts above and rev -A?

Reactions: ZzzzZ
Hmmn.... I'm thinking that the Fremont and Austin builds are using different part numbers...... the FR damper on my MY LR (VIN PA044xxx) is p/n 2288367-00-A. That doesn't match the alleged "comfort" parts that are 1188xxx-00-H.

In the parts manual, some parts are clearly marked "AUSTIN" (suspect below, one part may be STD/LR and the other is MYP):
View attachment 890296

It's clear to me that the Fremont builds were shipping with various suspension parts that have been improved over time. Has Austin always shipped with the parts above and rev -A?
can anyone from austin MY confirm what part numbers need to be for comfort suspension, how come they're different from fremont?

According to other threads about this matter, the new suspension part number are:
1188363-00-H front left damper
1188368-00-H front right damper
1188463-00-E rear dampers

You can find those part numbers on the sticker of your dampers once you get your car.
If this part numbers are accurate. Then I have new suspension.

Attachments

• 8A9729BB-1DF9-494C-858D-447C13B09BDB.jpeg
    8A9729BB-1DF9-494C-858D-447C13B09BDB.jpeg
    550.9 KB · Views: 190