Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compartment in the front of the frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed an unusual compartment in the front of the frunk of my new Model X.

Is this supposed to be empty like this? If so, what is it intended for?

Attachments

• 9175B7E6-234F-491D-B0D1-717623EC4E48.jpeg
    9175B7E6-234F-491D-B0D1-717623EC4E48.jpeg
    670 KB · Views: 161
Why under the liner? I keep mine in the charger bag. It has a slot for it.
Depending on when you got your car, the tow hook might not fit in the MC bag. We have three Teslas with the gen 1 MC and none of our tow hooks fit. The tow hook got longer with the Model S refresh (or maybe the Model X) but they didn't update the gen 1 MC bag to hold it.

Depending on when you got your car, the tow hook might not fit in the MC bag. We have three Teslas with the gen 1 MC and none of our tow hooks fit. The tow hook got longer with the Model S refresh (or maybe the Model X) but they didn't update the gen 1 MC bag to hold it.
I have a round bag, came with Gen1 MC I recieved with the car. The back zippered compartment has a few slots made with elastic stitched in. Kinda like pen holders on some bags/backpacks. Bigger ones hold the MC adapters and I stuck the tow hook through the smaller one. Keeps it from flopping around the frunk and having to peel the liner. YMMV

I have a round bag, came with Gen1 MC I recieved with the car. The back zippered compartment has a few slots made with elastic stitched in. Kinda like pen holders on some bags/backpacks. Bigger ones hold the MC adapters and I stuck the tow hook through the smaller one. Keeps it from flopping around the frunk and having to peel the liner. YMMV
In earlier cars, the tow hook fit completely in the bag. In later cars, the tow hook was too long to allow the bag to be zipped shut.