Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compensation for defective model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car had issues from the 1st day I got it. It would flash and alert me “Service required may not restart”. I used to the APP to schedule mobile service for the next week. Tesla then cancelled my mobile service and rescheduled for a later date three times. They then canceled my mobile service and scheduled me for an appointment at their Denver service center 3 weeks later. Eventually the car became un-drivable due to constant nuisance beeping. I called roadside assistance and it has now been at their service center for 2 weeks. They think they have the solution but are waiting on a part. The communication has been poor. They say they have no loaners. Anyone have any luck at getting any compensation from Tesla? I’ve owned the car for 2 months and have barely been able to use it. Suggestions???

Document the actual number of loss-of-use business days over the actual days of ownership, and then consult Colorado Lemon Laws to see if you qualify.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/sites/default/files/Colorado’s Lemon Law For Consumers and Dealers.pdf

"When a new vehicle has been purchased with a manufacturer’s warranty and it has a defect that substantially impairs its use and market value within one year of purchase and that defect is not repaired after a “reasonable number of attempts,” the consumer may
have recourse under Colorado’s Lemon Law. A court may order the manufacturer to replace the vehicle or refund the purchase price minus a reasonable allowance for use of the vehicle.

Under the law, a “reasonable number of attempts” to repair a defect applies when the same defect remains after it has been subject to repair four (4) or more times within the first year after the date of original delivery. It also applies when the vehicle is out of service for repairs for a cumulative total of thirty (30) or more business days during the warranty term or one year after original delivery, whichever comes first."

My car had issues from the 1st day I got it. It would flash and alert me “Service required may not restart”. I used to the APP to schedule mobile service for the next week. Tesla then cancelled my mobile service and rescheduled for a later date three times. They then canceled my mobile service and scheduled me for an appointment at their Denver service center 3 weeks later. Eventually the car became un-drivable due to constant nuisance beeping. I called roadside assistance and it has now been at their service center for 2 weeks. They think they have the solution but are waiting on a part. The communication has been poor. They say they have no loaners. Anyone have any luck at getting any compensation from Tesla? I’ve owned the car for 2 months and have barely been able to use it. Suggestions???
Hello, any luck with compensation? I recently got a M3LR and after 2 weeks it stopped working. Had to call them and get it towed to service center. Waiting for the diagnosis update.