Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Compilation of my Tesla Videos --- Everything from Reviews to How-To's and Teaching

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Visit to Modine Manufacturing--- They make the Chiller for the Model S

I had the opportunity to visit Modine Manufacturing, and take a short tour (Time constraints), and we did a photo shoot with my Model S for the Milwaukee Business Journal. Modine manufacturers the Chiller unit for the Model S. Got to learn a bit about the vehicles cooling system and how the chiller functions. Due to time constraints, and certain limitations, I could not film a lot. I have been invited to return and get a tour of their testing facilities (Including the wind tunnel :D ) and I will do a update video once I am able to take that tour. I will be able to record that. So this video has the entering of the parking lot, a few shots of the chiller and a exploded view of the chiller, and then some of the pictures taken of the man responsible for the Model S Chiller with my Car and Modine in the background, followed by some commentary while driving away.
I'm sorry it isn't very detailed, like I said, time constraints were the largest hindrance. Schedules between myself and my car, Modine, and photographer left us a very tight window. Enjoy and I will update once I can get on a tour!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure they could. I asked about capacity. The chiller is designed to keep the P85 in check, and it is used on all Model S's. So it IS over sized for the MS60 and MS85. That would be why I can continuously floor the heck out of my 60 and takes a while for heat limiter to kick in. Personally, the way I see it designed, as the Passenger Cab and Battery share the same cooling system, to reduce heat quicker, turn off the AC for the cab, then all the cooling goes to the Battery, Motor and Inverter.

Since it is important for the Model S (and every future Tesla) to be efficient, I think having a track version chiller that can be turned on prior to extreme use would be a popular choice. Turning it down for everyday use would be a nice efficiency addition.

Hello everyone. Some here may already know of my extensive, or maybe excessive (and STILL growing) collection of videos I have put together on Tesla, Model S and EV's in general. I've done everything from walk-through's, reviews, complaints, praises, explanations, teaching and much more. I have gotten a number of emails lately asking that I put them together in one big list, and post them on the forum. So, here we go. I know, not the best videos in the world, but I try. I also try to be as un-biased as possible (is that even possible once you have driven a MS?), and I also take video requests. I have (as of Monday) gotten a new stand alone video camera, that should increase my video quality from here on out (instead of using my iPhone 4s).
So here's my list, and if you have any video requests, please do not hesitate to ask me. I also have a 2 hour Tesla Q&A coming up within the next week or so.

First off, If you want to just go directly to my YouTube channel to play the videos, here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLR2BB9KjyNfUspm3-2sKdUnVQgh0dWhi-
Select Play All, if you want your browser to automatically go to the next video in the series when one completes. Everything is in 1080p.

Oh, and due to the site limit of 5 videos per message, I will be doing multiple messages---Correction, when I try to post a new message, it only lets me edit this one. I guess I will need to wait until someone else posts first, or a Admin lets me post more then 5 videos.

Last edited by a moderator: