Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Complaints

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Does anyone have expereince with trying to raise a complaint with Tesla, specifically in regards to one of their service centres?
I only took collection of my car in September, and it's already been in 5 times to have an issue resolved with the steering which they "can't figure out". This latest time they have had it for almost 8 weeks, and still no signs of them fixing it and giving my car back.

Service level and communication has just been awful. I have already been into the service centre for a meeting with the service manager, typical apologies and "they will do better" things thrown around. However still no progress, and failed at every point to meet the expectations he put in place during our meeting.

I want to progress a formal complaint, Tesla just seem to make it impossible to easily find information on how to do this. Any ideas?

• Love
Reactions: WannabeOwner
For the general public, the service centres are really the only way to get anything fixed, usually phone calls and emails go in to the abyss.

If they can't fix the car within 6 months I would suggest you look at rejecting the car, especially as there is still no fix for it, perhaps mention more details about the issue and see if someone else has had a similar issue

Thanks for the adivce everyone, much appreciated.
I contacted Tesla directly through the chat and they advised to use the [email protected] email, I think that will be my next step and advise I will proceed with a rejection unless the car is sorted asap.

No suprise, I also messaged on the service chat yesterday morning asking for an update as I haven't heard anything from them in over a week. To this point, absolutely zero response. Honestly awful.

Tesla once tried messing me about in relation to a 3rd HV battery replacement. I informed them they were wrong and unless they replaced the battery with the correct one I would block the entrance to their site with my car, bring some unsavoury signs and an airhorn and refuse to move until it was fixed.

Just a few hours later, they realised they had installed a below spec battery and offered to replace it with the correct one (it’s now perfect).

Don’t ask them what you want, inform them.
Inform them of the steps you will take. If that is a legal, peaceful protest blocking the entrance to their site and embarrassing the brand then that’s what you will do. Be bold. If you need a hand being brutally bold, PM me.