Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Independent Repair Program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve just received an email from Tesla regarding me subscribing to their Independent Repair Program - which means absolutely nothing to me. I’ve not needed use of their service centre since July ‘21 when I had stone chips (I found on collection) resolved and so no obvious reason why this could have even been accidentally triggered.

ABB8D5BF-8BD7-4423-A962-3A21BB3581FC.jpeg

When I click their link, it implies that I’ve applied to be an Independent Repairer.

C9B18D6D-11C9-4CC8-8159-D1F5582578A0.png

Are there about to be loads of independent options for repairing and servicing our cars 🤷‍♂️? As I’m not an Engineer, Trainer or Technician it’s certainly not relevant to me. Although I guess I’m an “Other” 😀

A while back there was a way to access the service manuals, before they were made available for free to all.

I got the same email and seem to remember jumping through some hoops (vpn?) for access around 2 years ago. Seem to recall setting my location to China?

Anyway, I think this is a mailshot using the email addresses collated as you registered as an independent repair shop. I wasn't able to open any of the links in the email with a UK IP so had to change to US.

Reactions: Doudeau